DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Antenna Mod

Specifically that amp's are necessary with large high gain antennas. Amp's are MOST needed with low gain antennas :)

sorry Dr. maybe you were drinking when you read that. I never said that amps are necessary for any antenna. I only stated that jumper amps, meaning using 2 amps is possible without burning one of them up as long as you're using longer cables, there has been threads about it, and I have seen the proof. You stating that you would burn one up was just inaccurate.

sorry Dr. maybe you were drinking when you read that. I never said that amps are necessary for any antenna. I only stated that jumper amps, meaning using 2 amps is possible without burning one of them up as long as you're using longer cables, there has been threads about it, and I have seen the proof. You stating that you would burn one up was just inaccurate.

Every radio device is engineered with a receiver sensitivity. All the 2.4gHz devices we work with in this area of drones and associated devices (that I have seen so far) publish a 20dBm receiver sensitivity. Like anything in life and technology, there is a built-in fudge factor and/or margin of error. You can usually push the receiver limit by 5 or more dBm without issue and I do it regularly myself.

But if you have ever towed a heavy load in your stock pickup truck that is not rated for towing, you may not kill the transmission on the first run, but you can rest assured it will fail sometime soon because it was used outside of the engineering specifications.

I was private messaging with Hyprmtr a couple of days ago and I blew out one of my spectrum analyzers after forgetting to place the attenuator inline with the mavic radio board. If you operate above the published receiver sensitivity, it may not happen today, but it will fry the radio at some point.

While I had my bird opened up doing this mod, I was always annoyed by the excessively bright LEDs on the rear end. With a little effort, you can unseat them with your fingernail. There are 2 on top and 2 on bottom of the mother board. Since there are exposed power connectors after removal, I siliconed over them for safe measure.

I hope this might save a little power on the next distance run.

dronemods-004.png dronemods-005.png dronemods-006.png dronemods-007.png

Wow I thought that pic was a joke. Isn't there smaller amps to put on the Mavic?

Like these

2f84ce84b61a0e92323097f7b68595ec.jpg

Reactions: sprtbkrydr

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fly2pro