DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Antenna Mod

Well, I can't find those darn U.FL connectors so the factory aircraft antennas will have to wait. I put the bird back together and started to test external antennas.

I started with the circular antennas I found on eBay. This did not go well, I took off and 20' up and already at 3 bars of signal. Those were a fail. I suspect the merchant mislabeled these as 2.4, but from the size they look like 5.8gHz.

View attachment 17470

Then I got this error below. I have never done this calibration so I will go look it up now.

View attachment 17471

Once I get her flying again, next on the menu are these 6dBi gain omni's.

View attachment 17472
Beautiful..just gorgeous!

Reactions: MrsTreat
Well, I can't find those darn U.FL connectors so the factory aircraft antennas will have to wait. I put the bird back together and started to test external antennas.

I started with the circular antennas I found on eBay. This did not go well, I took off and 20' up and already at 3 bars of signal. Those were a fail. I suspect the merchant mislabeled these as 2.4, but from the size they look like 5.8gHz.

View attachment 17470

Then I got this error below. I have never done this calibration so I will go look it up now.

View attachment 17471

Once I get her flying again, next on the menu are these 6dBi gain omni's.

View attachment 17472

you may reach out to the talented amateur antenna builder and personal friend ( I only say amateur because he's not publicly known) @procharged97 .
he could prob build you a set.

I have been pulling my hair out troubleshooting and finally realized that my sunhams amp's are defective. Lets see how responsive rexuav is with exchanges.

dronemods-015.png

I received the off-brand 2W amp's today and I bet these suckers will fit in the space between the mother boards (the one and only open space on the mavic). But it might overheat making contacts with the chips on both boards??

dronemods-017.png

I received the off-brand 2W amp's today and I bet these suckers will fit in the space between the mother boards (the one and only open space on the mavic). But it might overheat making contacts with the chips on both boards??

View attachment 17692
To be honest: I would not put these inside my mav! It would be like swallowing glass.
They will overheat and make other stuff overheat and cause motherloads of interference.

I sure hope DJI releases a Mavic2 that has just a little extra breathing room inside, slightly bigger motors, and an external southbound battery input :)

I know... dreaming...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections