DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Antenna Mod

I searched for lipo batteries. Its parameters have an additional 25C, 30C which represents the battery discharge line. Should I choose the discharge line to be good for my dragon 4w ??
The dragon amp doesn’t use the power in big bursts like rc quads and such so the discharge value of the batteries don’t really apply. The cheapest 11.1 lipo will be sufficient. But I certainly recommend 2000mah at least. When I look at the dc power supply that comes with the amp, it is 12v 1000mah. So a little extra amperage to pull from is good.

Reactions: Hoangthiensu
The dragon amp doesn’t use the power in big bursts like rc quads and such so the discharge value of the batteries don’t really apply. The cheapest 11.1 lipo will be sufficient. But I certainly recommend 2000mah at least. When I look at the dc power supply that comes with the amp, it is 12v 1000mah. So a little extra amperage to pull from is good.
I mean here that I should choose a 2000mah lipo 3s or 2200mah battery, but with a discharge of 20C or 25C or it may be optional because on each nonsex lipo battery there are separate discharge brands and it has too many types to make me dispense vein

Can I use this power supply ??

Attachments

• 3cf1f7587614506320a494d008d7d4f3.jpeg
    3cf1f7587614506320a494d008d7d4f3.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 27
Can I use this power supply ??
Yes, but you will have to take the dc plug from your dc power supply that came with your amp and splice it together, the plug on that battery won’t fit into the power input of the amp, it’s too big. But yes that would work great.

I searched for lipo batteries. Its parameters have an additional 25C, 30C which represents the battery discharge line. Should I choose the discharge line to be good for my dragon 4w ??
Discharge rate is not anything to consider when powering the dragon amp. The amp consumes very little power. Usually if I start out with a battery that’s charged to 12.9v, after 30 minutes and at the end of my flight the battery reads 12.8v. Very little power consumption. I use a Turnigy 2700mah 11.1 lipo, and charge it to or close to 13 volts.

Discharge rate is not anything to consider when powering the dragon amp. The amp consumes very little power. Usually if I start out with a battery that’s charged to 12.9v, after 30 minutes and at the end of my flight the battery reads 12.8v. Very little power consumption. I use a Turnigy 2700mah 11.1 lipo, and charge it to or close to 13 volts.
thank you very much. So I have a lot of options for me;). I hesitated over the past few days before meeting you. I will decide to buy the charger as shown. hihi. Thank you very much once again.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I think for me on average the sunhans 3w took about 30 to 40 seconds flight time off a 22 minute flight when using no additional battery and 20 seconds off a 34 minute flight when I had a 4100mah mah protek battery added in. I had a flush mounted jst aux power port for the amp to tap into the ac power supply. I'm guessing this had more to do with the added weight than actual power consumption over such a short period.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I think for me on average the sunhans 3w took about 30 to 40 seconds flight time off a 22 minute flight when using no additional battery and 20 seconds off a 34 minute flight when I had a 4100mah mah protek battery added in. I had a flush mounted jst aux power port for the amp to tap into the ac power supply. I'm guessing this had more to do with the added weight than actual power consumption over such a short period.
Dole we had veered off to powering up the amp at the RC.

you give me a little question I am looking for mod battery for my bird. I heard it will draw power from the main battery installed on the bird. Is it a problem?
You have to choose batteries that are high enough in capacitance that they will discharge evenly, or as close to evenly as possible. For instance the Mavic battery, and two 3000mah or above batteries will work decently. Make sure to use LIHV batteries.

You have to choose batteries that are high enough in capacitance that they will discharge evenly, or as close to evenly as possible. For instance the Mavic battery, and two 3000mah or above batteries will work decently. Make sure to use LIHV batteries.
oh. Just use a battery with capacity close to the capacity of battery stock? Do you need to pay attention to the discharge line?

can i use this for my mavic platinum ??
info:
Battery 3S-11.1V-3000mah 30C

Size:

135mm long

43mm wide

22mm high

Attachments

• d8xecl_simg_d0daf0_800x1200_max.jpg
    d8xecl_simg_d0daf0_800x1200_max.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 41
oh. Just use a battery with capacity close to the capacity of battery stock? Do you need to pay attention to the discharge line?
Well I see folks using 10C batteries, and I have used 100C batteries. I personally don’t think it’s as important the C rating as it is to have the mah close to, or above what the Mavic battery’s capacity is which I believe is 3800+. So anything from dual 1500mah, up to a single 8000mah...anything above 550 grams is asking too much from the Mavic to carry.

Yes, two of those would be great. Lihv batteries are best choice because you can safely charge them to 13v. Lipos will work but not as good as lihv.
Yes. The lihv battery line in my country is very rare. If I want to use, I have to order from abroad. I have another question: if the external battery is installed in the DJI go application, will it show the actual battery% ??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro