DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Disconnected

Costa Rica Guy

Reactions
Rookie pilot. So...finally got to a wide open space with no magnetic interference and have had two consecutive days of great flying. All systems go, nice and and easy. Today started drone up and all lights blinking correct color, all info good and saying "Ready to fly " ....but...big BUT..a red banner saying " Aircraft disconnected" . The really weird part is that it WILL take off and land right away on command. Everything else reads normal except an occasional " No RC signal" flash. Have turned aircraft and all systems on and off, swapped batteries. On my phone I even get the green "connected" before I enter the flight part. Stumped

The Aircraft Disconnected sounds like a cable problem. Check for lint inside the plugs and that the connections are fully plugged in. Try a different cable. If using the USB connector on the RC, disconnect the cable from the side of the RC. Because it will take off and land under control means the RC and Mavic are connected but the RC and tablet/phone are not.

The No RC signal is a different story. Make sure your antennas are positioned so the flat sides face the Mavic. Does that message show up on the phone/tablet or the RC? What setup are you using (iOS/Android, OS version, Mavic/RC firmware version, Go 4 version)?

As usual, you guys are the best. I kinnnnda solved my problem cuz I once again did the rookie diagnostic and changed TWO things at once, but bottom line is I am back to connected. Someone had mentioned that my phone might also be the problem so I switched to one that I have which is slightly smaller but 100% dedicated to the Mavic. Minimum apps, no SIM...ETC. I also blew out the RC plug and hole and fired up the drone indoors. Just got home from work and it's late. It fired up and all systems go and ready. Tomorrow I will take it outside for a flight, but clearly did not solve THE problem. I will switch phones again, and will know if it was phone or lint. THANKS

The Aircraft Disconnected sounds like a cable problem. Check for lint inside the plugs and that the connections are fully plugged in. Try a different cable. If using the USB connector on the RC, disconnect the cable from the side of the RC. Because it will take off and land under control means the RC and Mavic are connected but the RC and tablet/phone are not.

The No RC signal is a different story. Make sure your antennas are positioned so the flat sides face the Mavic. Does that message show up on the phone/tablet or the RC? What setup are you using (iOS/Android, OS version, Mavic/RC firmware version, Go 4 version)?

Responded to you below. Meant it as a reply. Just wanted to make double sure you got my thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coddiewomple