DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airdata an experiment, would you try please?

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
If you have your flight logs saved to somewhere such as you computer can you:-
Choose a log that you have saved to both "somewhere" and Airdata then delete that log from Airdata.
Change the name of the log that you have saved to "somewhere", spaces are probably inadvisable so, perhaps, add "_this_is_a_test" to the log's name or remove something from the name e.g. "DJIFli".
Up load the renamed log to Airdata then go to that log in Airdata and click on "Original" as if you where going to down load the .txt. from Airdata.

What name do you see for the would be download, the new name or the old name?

Last edited:
I think I understand your question: Since Airdata does not allow second-level subfolders I always rename my Airdata files to help me sort. When I try to D/L an Original from Airdata, it comes to me as the original DJI filename.

Screenshot 2022-08-01 065918.jpg

If on the other hand, I D/L it as a KML or CSV, I get my renamed filename, not the DJI original.

Screenshot 2022-08-01 070634.jpg

If I understand you correctly we a not quite talking about the same thing.

Like you I tend to rename my flight logs.
I add at least the drone used to the flight log's name, it makes sorting the logs easier. But the process tends to mean I delete "DJIFlightrecord" from the logs' names BEFORE I upload them. So the first time Airdata sees a log it would tend to have a name something like _yyyy-mm-dd_[hh-mm-ss].txt.
Once I have gathered the information that I want from the Airdata webpage I delete the log from Airdata, so that at the end of a processing session I normally have zero flight logs on the Airdata website.
Recently, however I wanted some additional information, so I uploaded logs for the second time. Only this time they were uploaded using their new name e.g. drone-xyz_yyyy-mm-dd_[hh-mm-ss]_other_things.txt .

Since, when displaying a list of flight logs hosted on the site, the Airdata website uses a different date/time formating I sometimes find it difficult to detemine which flight log I am looking at when I open a flight's webpage. I therefore click on the download the "original" log button and that should, I thought, display
"drone-xyz_yyyy-mm-dd_[hh-mm-ss]_other_things.txt"
but it does not, it displays the old 'first' name i.e. _yyyy-mm-dd_[hh-mm-ss].txt .

As if the site has a memory of the old log.

interesting...log name must be an internal part of the txt file which is where Airdata is picking it up from rather than from the filename itself.

Uum if that were the case then surely the name offered/presented for the downloadable file would be the original name, as the file came from the phone i.e. DJIFlightrecord_YYYY-MM-DD_[hh-mm-ss].txt.
Our renaming of the log does not change its content, or so I believe

You got me. Airdata had always answered my questions promptly. Maybe they can explain it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31