DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AirData UAV Basics -- Newbie Questions

jclarkw

Reactions
Without actually trying it (so far), I'm having trouble understanding what this flight-analysis system actually is and how it's used. Sounds as though it's a "cloud" application that expects you to upload your flight data logs (securely, I hope!) and process them there.

1) Does it also provide any apps for local use on a PC (like CsvView, my current favorite)?
2) Does it at least decrypt, and allow you to download decrypted versions of, the "FlightRecord\MCDatFlightRecordsDJIFlightRecord_XXX[xxx].txt" log files stored on the "mobile device," which DJI has seen fit to encrypt in versions of the DJI Fly app later than 1.2.1 (or so I'm told)? -- Really my key question.
3) Does it also make use of the "FlightRecord\MCDatFlightRecordsXXXXXX_FLY071.DAT" files, which are fairly inscrutable in CsvView.
4) Can it usefully analyze the log files stored on the Mavic Air 2 itself?
5) Is there any kind of User Manual for AirData UAV that can be downloaded and studied prior to subscribing to the service?

Background: I'm using DJI Fly 1.2.1 (currently up to vs. 1.4.8!) on my Android phone to control my Mavic Air 2. I'm privacy-conscious and unwilling to share my flight logs with DJI, at least short of emergencies. Hence my interest in CsvView and, potentially, in Airdata UAV.

Sorry to bother this forum with such basic questions, but it appears there are some expert AirData users here, and I'm not getting much in the way of answers out of the company itself. -- jclarkw

Update: Trevor, of AirData, just responded to my support email with answers to similar questions. If anyone else wants the answers I think I can provide them.

My only disappointment (if I understood him correctly) is that the decrypted logs cannot be downloaded for subsequent local use in CsvView or similar. -- jclarkw

My only disappointment (if I understood him correctly) is that the decrypted logs cannot be downloaded for subsequent local use in CsvView or similar
You can do this with my online log viewer or Flight Reader.

See more details here:

Reactions: jclarkw
You can do this with my online log viewer or Flight Reader.

See more details here:
More on this: I have been informed (see CsvView Updates?) that, although my "disappointment" above is strictly correct, the CSV (and other) files that AirData UAV will let you download are decrypted, in the sense that CsvView can read and display them from later versions of the DJI Fly app. -- jclarkw

the CSV (and other) files that AirData UAV will let you download are decrypted
That makes sense since the CSV file format isn't encrypted. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a CSV file.

Airdata CSV files don't have much data in them though.

Reactions: jclarkw
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3