DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airport restricted

Dave Warren

Reactions
I'm 30+ miles from any airport but have a new restriction and cannot release it. Would so appreciate any help. New FAA 107 pilot with little experience yet.
Dave

Dave you're gonna need to tell us about exactly where you are and maybe a screen shot of the error/warning message you're getting on your device.

The FAA no longer just use the the perimeter of the airport itself. The FAA now restricts the path of arrival and departure usually at least 2 miles out...30 miles though, something is definitely wrong

The FAA no longer just use the the perimeter of the airport itself. The FAA now restricts the path of arrival and departure usually at least 2 miles out...30 miles though, something is definitely wrong
I don't think the FAA has any such restriction, are you thinking of the DJI approach/departure paths?

I don't think the FAA has any such restriction, are you thinking of the DJI approach/departure paths?
Sorry about the brite green, but it's the only way I could explain... DJI extended the approach and takeoff airspaces at least at the airport closest to my home.. Again sorry about the page art..lol

Attachments

• Go4 app Screenshot.jpg
    Go4 app Screenshot.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 28
Sorry about the brite green, but it's the only way I could explain... DJI extended the approach and takeoff airspaces at least at the airport closest to my home.. Again sorry about the page art..lol

Right - but those restrictions have nothing to do with the FAA. The only FAA restrictions are based on class or type of airspace.

Reactions: Racin8de
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78