DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airspace confusion

What about apple tree bay? There's a good anchorage there I could practice landing from 'land'.

Oops. I think I meant North Beach area...but it seems like it's in the 5 mi radius?

You'll need to get laanc approval,but it's easy through Kittyhawk
You could go over th Perkins pier and there is a lot of space there,also the boardwalk,the launch ramp at the coastguard and even by the skate park,of course if you live by Apple tree bay then do it there,have fun,maybe I'll see you sometime

Reactions: Nautidawg
Is Kittyhawk the B4u fly app or Airmap? I'm getting these all confused-but I dont' wanna get arrested either! ;)

I installe B4Ufly and Airmap and UAV on my phone. So the B4Ufly also can do the authorizations somehow? I'm not in restricted airspace where I live so it always shows "good to go"

Ok gotcha! That's what I thought. Fiddling with this I can't seem to find the auth area 'within' the app

Ok gotcha! That's what I thought. Fiddling with this I can't seem to find the auth area 'within' the app
Or when you open the b4u app it shows a pin on your location then scroll up until you see the little box. for get authorization,check that and follows directions, it will ask you a bunch of questions that you need to check and select till the last one,then select altitude,time and maybe move the paralelogram pts. around for the area you want to fly in,hope this helps

I put a 'fake' pin down in burl waterfront and all I can get to are the yellow warnings. Nowhere to actually seek authorization so I guess B4Ufly is just a location type app for seeing whether or not it's restricted etc

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User