DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Airspace confusion

I put a 'fake' pin down in burl waterfront and all I can get to are the yellow warnings. Nowhere to actually seek authorization so I guess B4Ufly is just a location type app for seeing whether or not it's restricted etc
Now I'm confused,that's not what it does for me,have you downloaded the kittyhawk app separatel,try that and see what happens.

Juniper and a few hundred feet around it are outside of the 5 mile radius of btv,so good to go with NO authorization need.
As others have said within this thread, the 5 mile rule is obsolete. It all has to do with airspace classification.

As others have said within this thread, the 5 mile rule is obsolete. It all has to do with airspace classification.
Doesn’t the depend on the country?

Actually yes it is used for that purpose,my bad
I hadn't installed the separate Kittyhawk app-I have Airmap on there as well as UAV (which is a weather and wind one) Maybe I should do Kittyhawk and compare...I did do a fake flight on btv waterfront to see what would happen and did get the class C air warning-then asked for auth-and it went through to 100 ft and then I cancelled/ended flight :) I'll try with the Kitty one and see which seems more seamless for me

That was a big fail. INstalled Kittyhawk but apparently with my phone it doesn't work. I could now way no how click on the height I was tryign to get auth to fly at. It's like an issue with the app and my size screen. I'll contact app developer to see if my phone is supported

Here's a screenshot of my not beScreenshot_20200125-160739.pnging able to click the height. Notice greyed out button

Yes but my 'button' is too large effectively covering my slide ability. In contact with developer right now They can't fix it at the moment.

In other words, a finger can't access the sliding of the height adjustments.

Interesting!shouldn't be that way
Prob just a glitch with this particular model phone. It's an awesome phone in every other way tho! Actually its 'night sight' setting does almost professional photos. It's amazing.

Prob just a glitch with this particular model phone. It's an awesome phone in every other way tho! Actually its 'night sight' setting does almost professional photos. It's amazing.
Best sunset photos I've ever seen on a smartphone, including iPhone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest