Join Us Now

Allientech DUO II - inside !!

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Just to kill the curiosity I open my Allientech DUO II to see what is inside and for my surprise I learned they connect the left side of the controller to the 2.4ghz side antenna and the 5.8ghz to the right side of the antenna. All that connected to 2 18650 batteries in series.

This open me the idea of using 1 Sunhans 2.4 and 5.8ghz in the same configuration with a 2.4 and 5.8 separate antenna panels. Do anybody have try this?

IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4714.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4711.jpg

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4720.jpg

Based on your experience is the price worth the performance gain?

What kind of gains did you get?

Based on your experience is the price worth the performance gain?

What kind of gains did you get?
I will give you my most honest opinion. At least in my environment where I fly without obstruction, the battery is the limit. I passed 24K FT distance and I had to come back because the battery. I was able to archive this with the DUO II and the Raptor XR No boosted. This was done with the Mavic Air 2. With the Mavic 2 Pro I got 18K FT because the battery last less since my batteries has each probably over 50 cycles. When i did the test with the Mavic Air 2 the battery was brand new.

Now having obstruction and I am talking tall trees and hills obstructing the difference is was not significant, just about 800 FT more than stock antenna. I was expecting little bit more from the 2.4Ghz but the hills where killing me. I know if you fly higher you can get much more but is against the low so I wont go there.

The real good benefit is how fluid is the image. There is not delay or lag or freezing image. That is really impressive.

The allientech are build with nice quality and the boards looks very well done like apple style. Their support is class A as well. They answer your question in English very quickly if you go to their Facebook page over the messenger. If you email them, they take about 1 to 3 days on answer. I recommend go to Facebook. I am not sponsored or anything like that but i really like their products. I have 5 antennas from them currently.

For the distance testing I was having 3 visual spotters on the ground.

Now the last questing. Do they worth it? I will say if you can afford it YES. I think there are nothing better in the market rights now with the performance in a compact package like their boosters.

Now If you want something cheaper but bulky and you don't care about the bulky part, go with the Raptor XR antennas no boosted. I can not imagine how good can be the Raptor XR boosted. They most to be awesome but will make it super bulk.

Last edited:
I will give you my most honest opinion. At least in my environment where I fly without obstruction, the battery is the limit. I passed 24K FT distance and I had to come back because the battery. I was able to archive this with the DUO II and the Raptor XR No boosted. This was done with the Mavic Air 2. With the Mavic 2 Pro I got 18K FT because the battery last less since my batteries has each probably over 50 cycles. When i did the test with the Mavic Air 2 the battery was brand new.

Now having obstruction and I am talking tall trees and hills obstructing the difference is was not significant, just about 800 FT more than stock antenna. I was expecting little bit more from the 2.4Ghz but the hills where killing me. I know if you fly higher you can get much more but is against the low so I wont go there.

The real good benefit is how fluid is the image. There is not delay or lag or freezing image. That is really impressive.

The allientech are build with nice quality and the boards looks very well done like apple style. Their support is class A as well. They answer your question in English very quickly if you go to their Facebook page over the messenger. If you email them, they take about 1 to 3 days on answer. I recommend go to Facebook. I am not sponsored or anything like that but i really like their products. I have 5 antennas from them currently.

For the distance testing I was having 3 visual spotters on the ground.

Now the last questing. Do they worth it? I will say if you can afford it YES. I think there are nothing better in the market rights now with the performance in a compact package like their boosters.

Now If you want something cheaper but bulky and you don't care about the bulky part, go with the Raptor XR antennas no boosted. I can not imagine how good can be the Raptor XR boosted. They most to be awesome but will make it super bulk.

Thinking this would be fantastic for flying from inside the car ?
Let me know if you test that out at all. ,, Thank you

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain.

Reactions: DroneToJoy
Thinking this would be fantastic for flying from inside the car ?
Let me know if you test that out at all. ,, Thank you

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain.
Yes I did it before and works like a champ. Here in FL with almost 100 degrees outside, inside my car with A/C keeping the drone in VLOS in front of me. Is fun !!

This was helpful thanks. That's my current problem, I like filming wildlife and low altitudes are a must for spotting them, even lower to get the shot. Trees/hills are always in the way and my typical range with the MPP is 5000' before the video feed is unusable. Doesnt sound like a booster will help me.

This was helpful thanks. That's my current problem, I like filming wildlife and low altitudes are a must for spotting them, even lower to get the shot. Trees/hills are always in the way and my typical range with the MPP is 5000' before the video feed is unusable. Doesnt sound like a booster will help me.
It will help. Just do not expect miracles. I can send you examples videos from what you can expect.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Sorry that took me time but I had to coordinate with my neighbors spotters from the ground.

Check what you can do from inside the house with the DUO II with tons of trees and structures.

Sorry that took me time but I had to coordinate with my neighbors spotters from the ground.

Check what you can do from inside the house with the DUO II with tons of trees and structures.

Thanks for that video! Could you do a comparison with and without the antenna at altitudes of 200' AND lower? At 400' getting way out there isn't a problem. Every distance video I've seen with antennas is impressive but they're always at high altitude, which really isn't where most of us fly.

Thanks for that video! Could you do a comparison with and without the antenna at altitudes of 200' AND lower? At 400' getting way out there isn't a problem. Every distance video I've seen with antennas is impressive but they're always at high altitude, which really isn't where most of us fly.
I am going to repeat the video with omnidirectional antennas.

Here is the video with omnidirectional Allientech antennas under the same conditions.

Just to kill the curiosity I open my Allientech DUO II to see what is inside and for my surprise I learned they connect the left side of the controller to the 2.4ghz side antenna and the 5.8ghz to the right side of the antenna. All that connected to 2 18650 batteries in series.

This open me the idea of using 1 Sunhans 2.4 and 5.8ghz in the same configuration with a 2.4 and 5.8 separate antenna panels. Do anybody have try this?

View attachment 114488

View attachment 114481

View attachment 114482

View attachment 114483

View attachment 114484

View attachment 114485

View attachment 114486

Like you I am an Alientech fan. I have both the Duo 2.4 & 5.8 Ghz and the Pro 2.4 Ghz. I would like the Duo 2 Duel Band Signal booster which you have but I bought the Pro 2.4 just before the Duo 2 came out.
Great to see the photos of the internals and also to see the video of you flying from your house. I have yet to try this along with flying from inside my car.

I can say that I don't even fly without my alientech duo booster. Always gives me clear video and certainly improves range even in my challenging places around urban and mountain. I paid a fair bit but worth every penny!

I use it for my mini 2 with RC.

I can say that I don't even fly without my alientech duo booster. Always gives me clear video and certainly improves range even in my challenging places around urban and mountain. I paid a fair bit but worth every penny!

I use it for my mini 2 with RC.

post up some pics & videos

Just to kill the curiosity I open my Allientech DUO II to see what is inside and for my surprise I learned they connect the left side of the controller to the 2.4ghz side antenna and the 5.8ghz to the right side of the antenna.
MA2 RC has two antenna ports “W” - dualband RX/TX 2.4 / 5.8GHz and “B” which is a dualband differential-RX only.
What Alientech did (as I can see from your quality pictures) - they mixed both ports to the single node. This is why I cannot see in the Alientech manual any labels of the cables and one can connect them in whatever order. I assume that at the later stage in the amplifier, they must filter 2.4 from 5.8 and route those signals to their respective panel antennas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka