DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alligator Snatches Drone from the air and "smokes" (Graphic Content)

This was posted Monday over here . . .

Strange, most of the replies there were pro drone.
It would have been fairly painful no doubt, those runaway batteries flame out and that one was at that stage.

The only thing that might have stopped it was the gator taking the thing under water, cooling it.
No no no
Water a bad idea. Lithium reacts aggressively with water

I hope these jerks are found and made to realize that it was no joke..I hope they get fined heavily ...the laws are specific about staying away and not interfering with wild life...so although they may not have known this would be the result...they had no business getting that close and finding out the"hard way"

And we wonder why we aren't liked by everyone and why we aren't allowed in most parks etc where wildlife abounds. This is a classic example of WHY we are so restricted (PITA is going to have a field day here). As if we needed any more "groups" being Anti-Drone . . .

Those Boneheads are going to mess it up for everybody! Then they had the stupidity to post it! What a Bunch of Blankety Blanks!

Reactions: BigAl07
Based on the comments, I refuse to watch that video. It irks me to no end, the way idiots treat wildlife in general. Someone needs to ferret out the name of this cretin and prosecute him to the full extent of the law.

Man, this reinforces my thinking that drones shouldn't be sold just like buying candy

Reactions: BigAl07
Based on the comments, I refuse to watch that video. It irks me to no end, the way idiots treat wildlife in general. Someone needs to ferret out the name of this cretin and prosecute him to the full extent of the law.
I hear ya bud...wished I never watched it either

Here is a quote from the "UAS Operator":

"“We were trying to get a close up of the gator with its mouth open and thought the obstacle avoidance would make the drone fly away, it was only our second time using the spark.”"

Uggggggg
They knew it was to close

And we wonder why we aren't liked by everyone and why we aren't allowed in most parks etc where wildlife abounds. This is a classic example of WHY we are so restricted (PITA is going to have a field day here). As if we needed any more "groups" being Anti-Drone . . .

Why would you be so stupid as to fly a drone that close in the 1st place? More importantly do u even have a brain? You posted this! You deserve whatever comes your way...

Reactions: Itzmyobsession
I learned this while in the Marine Corps. We had a UHF radio that used lithium batteries, and had printed all over them "DO NOT EXPOSE TO WATER". Being board and curious we threw one of the used ones into a large puddle and it violently exploded. I'm not saying that it was a smart move, but we learned very quickly to keep lithium batteries dry no matter what.

Why don't the admins just take this post down? They have every right to!

It probably has not been reported...but as reprehensible as it is it may be a harsh but valuable lesson in adhering to regulations and using common sense

Why don't the admins just take this post down? They have every right to!

Umm....... an ADMIN (me) is the one who posted it . . . . It serves as a valuable lesson to others what NOT TO DO!!

I learned this while in the Marine Corps. We had a UHF radio that used lithium batteries, and had printed all over them "DO NOT EXPOSE TO WATER". Being board and curious we threw one of the used ones into a large puddle and it violently exploded. I'm not saying that it was a smart move, but we learned very quickly to keep lithium batteries dry no matter what.

This is an oldie but goodie:

Why would you be so stupid as to fly a drone that close in the 1st place? More importantly do u even have a brain? You posted this! You deserve whatever comes your way...

Just to clear that up for you, @BigAl07 wasn't the pilot, nor was he there, he just posted it as a terrible example of what some people that happen to get their hands on drones are capable of.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78