DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Alternatives to DJI Batteries

ScubaBob

Reactions
Two of my MP batteries are starting to swell / bulge on the underside so I know I should not use them and should properly discard them. I am looking at batteries on Amazon and I see ones made by third parties such as PowerExtra. Does anyone have experience using non-DJI batteries on DJI drones? Thanks.

As a follow-up--I got plenty of advice from others so please no need to post more. I will stay with my DJI batteries. $25 more for a battery that I know will work is better than risking a $1,200 investment.

Last edited:
You can find lots of reviews for Mavic Pro Powerextra batteries here on Amazon. If you're only looking for feedback from this forum, then see the threads in these search results.

Sometimes if you use generic batteries, you might get a battery error message. There are a bunch of members here who have used the Powerextras with no problems.

As for me, it's a no brainer. OEM DJI wins every time.
Thanks. I trust your advice plus the reports from others are unclear how well the PowerMax fits and works. Since this isn't a $50 toy I think I will stay with DJI. That way if there is a problem there can't be a contaminating influence.

Reactions: Former Member
Yeah, it sucks the dji batts are so expensive but its wise to resist the urge to save a few bucks with 3rd party batts. I dont have any experience with them myself, the lipo batts themselves arent such a big deal but the fact that they need to be "smart" batterys could be an issue.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks