DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Altitude Zone

IslandBarnDave

Reactions
My DJI fly app has shown me to be in an Altitude Zone since the second day I flew my MA2 at my home. I’m definitely not in a restricted zone; DJI support confirmed this when I asked. I’m not restricted in any way when I fly so having this on the screen is merely an annoyance.

Any ideas how to clear it?

Can you post a screen shot and the specific area of the flight?... that would give us some more clues to work with.

Reactions: Thomas B
The outskirts of a runway approach are often marked by DJI as an altitude zone with 400ft (120m) height. Since most of us can't legally fly higher than that and don't, you probably wouldn't notice the restriction other than being informed about it.

So I live down a country lane with 4 other houses and pretty much nothing else but farmland for a couple of miles. Certainly nowhere near even a small airport. I’ve attached screen shots from DJI Fly and UAV Forecast which seem to confirm this.

EF5BD42E-7333-4F4F-A781-1544175E74C0.jpegE47E1220-7563-4561-AD75-0F49550AA712.jpeg

Are you sure it is saying you're in an altitude zone and not saying altitude limited for another reason than in a zone?

Like Cactus asked, provide a screenshot of the problem.

Hello. I’m facing the same issue here. Regardless where I go I cannot fly higher than 30m and further than 40 m. It is so frustrating. Everywhere seems to be an altitude zone which I don’t get!!! Here are two screenshots from different locations. IMG_1681.PNG

Hello. I’m facing the same issue here. Regardless where I go I cannot fly higher than 30m and further than 40 m. It is so frustrating. Everywhere seems to be an altitude zone which I don’t get!!! Here are two screenshots from different locations. IMG_1681.PNG
I think that’s a different issue that I’ve experienced once but others have also reported. I assume you’re logged into your DJI account on DJI Fly? If so, try logging out and then in again. Seems to fix it.

I'm suspecting it's saying altitude zone when really height/distance is limited for reasons other than zone.

Log into your DJI account from PC. See if there's any alerts about needing to verify your email address.
Log the app off and back onto your DJI account.

I'm suspecting it's saying altitude zone when really height/distance is limited for reasons other than zone.

Log into your DJI account from PC. See if there's any alerts about needing to verify your email address.
Log the app off and back onto your DJI account.
Done all that - no change. Note again though that my flights are not restricted in any way other than the very first time this happened. The question though is why DJI Fly reports me in an Altitude Zone when I'm clearly not.

All my flights to date have been over my own garden, an area of 5 acres. I'm thinking that (lockdown permitted), I should take the drone somewhere else to see if that clears the message and whether it returns when I come home.

I have the same thing. It suggest nearby fly spots in China 7000 km away! However from the dji forum someone has suggested to do this: Flight altitude restrict

it is raining cats and dogs today so I still did not have the chance to try it. Can someone try it and let me know.

I am running into the same issue with an Altitude Zone that does not show up on B4UFly or other restricted zone maps, however I do see it on DJI GEO Zones.

I also noticed this thread has a good explanation of the issue, although I do not see any way to get around the issue.

In my case I am 14.4 km from the airport's closest runway, and DJI adds altitude restriction for 15 km. My issue is not the altitude limit itself, as it is reasonable at 150m and actually higher than our legal altitude limit, but the fact that I live next to a small mountain that is over 250m high and if I take off from the base the Altitude Zone does not let me fly high enough to reach the top, even though I am always within the legal altitude limit from the ground. About half of the mountain is not in the Altitude Zone, so I may try flying a different route and see if I'm able to reach the top.

I believe DJI has limited your height and distance because you have not logged into DJI from the app on you phone to a verified account, eg. Valid email address or mobile phone number.

Here's a screen shot from DJI Fly Safe. The mountain in question is in the lower part of the picture, as you can see a section of the mountain is within one of the altitude zones that extends in an X pattern from an airport 15 km away. As another use pointed out, DJI creates a restricted area extending from certain airports runways for 15 km. Since this altitude zone is created entirely by DJI, and it has no restrictions in Kittyhawk or other places, I don't believe there is anyway to request authorization. The max height DJI allows me to fly is about half the height of the mountain, so I have to be extra careful when flying in that direction as I will encounter low terrain very rapidly.

I just wanted to clarify the situation in case anyone else encounters a seemingly random altitude restricted area - double check DJI's Fly Safe Map to see if the area is shown as restricted even if it's not restricted in any other database.

Attachments

• DJI Fly Safe.png
    DJI Fly Safe.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 9

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruksarkhanm20