DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Always worried about the mini motors since I take off from Sandy places mostly.

At 67 years old, you won’t catch me trying to reach into a flying Salad-Shooter....
I take off and land from the hood or roof of my Jeep or a BFR (big friggen rock)....
We have too much iron in the soil of Arizona and many other places I visit. That iron dust is attracted into the motors by their magnets and darned near impossible to blow clean.
I also am concerned about the motors not getting proper cooling...

At 67 years old, you won’t catch me trying to reach into a flying Salad-Shooter....
I take off and land from the hood or roof of my Jeep or a BFR (big friggen rock)....
We have too much iron in the soil of Arizona and many other places I visit. That iron dust is attracted into the motors by their magnets and darned near impossible to blow clean.
I also am concerned about the motors not getting proper cooling...
That’s interesting because I am 68 years old and hand takeoff and hand catch all the time. If you can hold your had flat out in front of you you can do it also. I would caution you to take off from any vehicle because the chance of magnetic interference is high.

That’s interesting because I am 68 years old and hand takeoff and hand catch all the time. If you can hold your had flat out in front of you you can do it also. I would caution you to take off from any vehicle because the chance of magnetic interference is high.

As you are aware - some of us are a bit more steady than others.. The roof of the Jeep is Fiberglass but the hood is metal. So far no issues, but then I don't use automated takeoff or landings. I do start the drone about 20 feet or so away in case there may be magnetic interference. So far so good. Thanks for the feedback though!

Hand launch and landing is not difficult when landing just hold your hand out flat bending fingers back extending palm and land no need to have fingers anywhere risky keep hand flat till motors stop

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes