DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I asking too much? Weird lousy transmission on mavic pro. Losing it at 650 feet when straight up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get optimum signal when the antennas are parallel to, and facing each other.
Since the antennas hang down vertically below the motors, there is no way to align the controller antennas to provide optimum signal with the drone high up, straight above the controller.
Losing signal around 500 ft straight up is very common.

Ok, I think you mean the controller antenna are facing the drone at 90 degrees, flat sides facing to the drone, and the drone front legs are best at 90 degrees to the controller, rather than pointing straight down.

Controller antenna > || . . . lots of airspace . . . || < drone antenna / front legs

Or . . .
.......................................................................... || < drone antenna / front legs
. . . Controller antenna > \\ . . .

While this is not good for signal . . .

...... Drone antenna ||
Controller antenna =

The way it was written, some might think the controller antenna might be parallel and facing each other, which of course is not right.

Reactions: Thomas B
I think the OP means the DJI drone can fly to 500m, which is actually 1640' . . .
I know but was referring to his post#3 .

Yes, I realise that, dc . . . the OP then goes onto how you can fly to 500m as permitted by DJI drones, to try and validate flying to 650'.
But of course 650' or 1640', both are a no no.
Absolutley no situational awareness.
Will they learn from this input ?
That is the important thing.

Yes, I realise that, dc . . . the OP then goes onto how you can fly to 500m as permitted by DJI drones, to try and validate flying to 650'.
But of course 650' or 1640', both are a no no.
Absolutley no situational awareness.
Will they learn from this input ?
That is the important thing.
Got ya, scanning to many threads at once. But what I’ve read
so far in this I don’t think he cares.

And there
Near as in withing 5 miles. It's 650 feet above my apartment. Like straight up.

Are you saying what i'm doing is dangerous.

If so, I'd love to see where a dji drone brought down an airplane.

( inappropriate comment removed)
And there it is, the dumbest thing I've heard today. Hope you don't fly in the U.S.

Point Bob,
Really? 500 meters..."that's how I see it"? You need to get your facts straight. Legal height here in US is 120 meters or 400 feet. No more than that...recommend you take same serious training classes before you fly any further...

Near as in withing 5 miles. It's 650 feet above my apartment. Like straight up.

Are you saying what i'm doing is dangerous.

If so, I'd love to see where a dji drone brought down an airplane.

( inappropriate comment removed)
Bob, You can’t be serious? 650 feet straight up, are your controller antennas broadside to the Mavic?
Seems like there just might be a 400’ rule out there somewhere...?

I have a suggestion for the OP. In many cities, the police force are now using drones in their daily operations so they may be able to help you out with your technical question. I suggest you take your drone outside of the nearest police station, send it up as high as it will go and then ask the police what they think may be wrong with your blinking remote icon. They may have some technical expertise to offer that we do not have here. Just a suggestion ...

OK guys i see that this is all this thread is going to persist of so see no need
in any further of the same comments.
If he don't get it by now he never will.
Unknown-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000