DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon Purchase Warning

jedimaster43

Reactions
I ordered, through Amazon, a Mavic 2 Zoom with Fly More Kit. It came from Beach Trading Company that advertises same day shipping. I ordered the product on a Thursday and it shipped on Sunday. It finally arrived the following Thursday. Good News, right? Not hardly. Only the drone arrived although I was charged for the kit. When I inquired about the kit, Amazon Customer Service located in the Philippines new nothing about it but notified the seller. The seller informed Amazon and me that they had no Fly More Kits and did not know when or if they would be getting them.

I told them I would return he drone. Generally, returning an Amazon order is pretty simple. Not so from this vendor. They did send me a Fed Ex Ground label, but told me they would not credit the account until they received it. When it was shipped to me it came by Fed Ex Air.

All in all, with multiple calls and emails to Amazon and to Beach Trading Company and the delay in not getting the product and the delay in getting the refund, it was a really poor experience. I would avoid buying anything from Amazon that is not in their warehouse or from a company that follows Amazon return rules.

Reactions: clackey
Yes one day shipping : means they will ship in one day provided the funds are recieved
"that day" (in most cases)...

One day shipping does not mean
You order a item and it will arrive in one day
Probably why they don't call it
"One day Recieving"
And yes on multiple item will take longer even though it's bundled as one package
Now I'm not ment to pee in your cereal...

But I'm old enough to remember going to the post office to buy a book of stamps to mail Check's in envelope for Bill's you would pay.

These are some great times were living in and i can see a day in the not too distance Future some of your packages will be delivered Via Drones. ..

Buy a drone have it delivered by a drone.... Wrap your mind around that....
. . It's coming ...cR

Reactions: hherbson
Charlie, I think his beef was being sold a Fly-more and only receiving the basic drone/battery, He didn't get what he paid for and returned it.

you are correct.!

I misspoken
OP didn't get what he paid for From amazon
Not
why I didn't receive My Package next day with One day shipping
my apologizes to the Op.......cR

I cant even tell you how I ever navigated with those giant maps from the gas stations.......
Now my phone does all the work.

Reactions: charliesRig
Not sure why you would return the drone? The flymore kit is sold separate.

Get them to cancel the missing kit and order that from another supplier if there was nothing wrong with the drone you received

No need to make it more complex by undoing the entire deal.

With that said, they should have said it was back ordered and you could decide. But now that’s it’s done are you sure your taking the best path?

Last edited:
Yup. Especially since the flymore is unavailable mostly everywhere in the first place.

I think under the circumstance you should also consider blanking out this suppliers name as on the surface it appears they have not done anything that raises to the level of being called out for. Just a suggestion for your consideration.

Last edited:
you are correct.!

I misspoken
OP didn't get what he paid for From amazon
Not
why I didn't receive My Package next day with One day shipping
my apologizes to the Op.......cR

Also, he never complained about 1 days shipping....

It came from Beach Trading Company that advertises same day shipping

Company stated in their ad that they would _ship the same day_. The OP complained that this was not done.

Not a big deal, the real problem were the OP's other issues.

I bought my Air from a drone company in Huntington Beach, CA area (I think they are a vendor here). They posted that they shipped the same day. They did... and they had GREAT service. I'd trust that _far_ less from a company that (perhaps) does not sell only drones but also that makes that blanket statement on an Amazon ad. I feel for the OP as I know how greatly disappointing it is to spend so much money and not get what you paid for. Man I know that feeling. I think the OP _should_ just return the purchase for a full refund. Sends a message to the seller. Of course, now the OP is out that money for a few days.

dispute the charge with your Credit Card company

it is called fraud when they charge you for something and don't ship it.

THe FTC does not look kindly on it..

I buy nothing from Beach Camera.... very bad rep in the camera world

So, The No "fly more" package is the cause for the "FLY NONE" decision.
Doesnt seem like such a solid choice. But I see the principle. I would have rallied for free stuff for the delay, and flew the crap out of what they sent me! :D

Reactions: charliesRig
BTW, the company I bought my Air from was:

https://www.djistoreoc.com/

Just throwing it out there. They included a really fast SD card with my purchase (at the time it sold for about $45). They also did ship the same day that I ordered. They have a good rep here. I have nothing to do with this company, only bought from them once in the past. Just putting it out there.

When I got my air fly more combo it was all in one box drone and all the extras, and I got 60$ off

Some of you are missing the point. I am not complaining about the shipping. As far as keeping the drone, if it were that easy, I would have done it. But neither the vendor nor Amazon couldn't tell me when or if I would get the fly more kit and they charged me the full amount as a block. Had they charged me by the item, it would have been easy, but it was a single charge and a single charge for tax.

As far as Amazon, if you haven't ever tried to talk with customer service, you ought to do so. They are in the Philippines, I spoke to three people and maybe if my Tagalong was better I would have understood more than every tenth word or so. Their English is marginal and their script is so rigid it's unbelievable.

So yes, sending it back was the only way to make sure I could start over with a new purchase. When I get back from vacation (with no drone) I'll do just that. Thanks for the comments.

Some of you are missing the point. I am not complaining about the shipping. As far as keeping the drone, if it were that easy, I would have done it. But neither the vendor nor Amazon couldn't tell me when or if I would get the fly more kit and they charged me the full amount as a block. Had they charged me by the item, it would have been easy, but it was a single charge and a single charge for tax.

As far as Amazon, if you haven't ever tried to talk with customer service, you ought to do so. They are in the Philippines, I spoke to three people and maybe if my Tagalong was better I would have understood more than every tenth word or so. Their English is marginal and their script is so rigid it's unbelievable.

So yes, sending it back was the only way to make sure I could start over with a new purchase. When I get back from vacation (with no drone) I'll do just that. Thanks for the comments.

I see your point. If they charged it as one charge and here is no way to know what the credit back for the fly more part is on its own your approach is the only reasonable way forward.

That’s too bad this happened. I buy all my DJI stuff from DJI or a local shop only. I tried a place in the USA that was nothing but misery for me. It’s hard to find suppliers to trust but there is a few lurking in the forums here if you want to try it, I’m sure others can point them out as I have no direct Experience with them.

The visa dispute is also an option. Either way the way the charge is all one number on your invoice makes it near impossible unless the supplier itself directly offered the value of the fly more a credit to your card that’s the same as what it costs to buy from DJI direct.

I hope this works out for you. Flying is too much fun to wait ! They better clean this up for you quick.

I order my Mavic 2 Zoom with flymore kit from Amazon August 29 and received mine Sep 4. It was sold by DJI on Amazon. It was shipped from the DJI factory in China and got to me on Sept 4. It was originally supposed to be delivered between Sept 5-Sep 10 when I initially purchased the Mavic from Amazon.I was lucky, as amazon gave me FedX shipping number and I traced it from China all the way to my city. I would have been delivered Sep 3, but that was a holiday. It sat a long weekend a the FedX facility in town until that Tuesday. I got both the Mavic Zoom and the flymore kit in the same box.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro