DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon replacement weighs more than original

Sometimes the weights on smaller packages are more of a "guesstimate" than factual; since the difference does not affect the shipping charge.

Sometimes the weights on smaller packages are more of a "guesstimate" than factual; since the difference does not affect the shipping charge.
This^^^^
People that ship a lot just guess at the weight. If you have UPS or FedEx pick up the shipments, they really never get weighed anyway, and the cost is not really any different for a pound or two extra in weight.

People that ship a lot just guess at the weight.
People... perhaps. Do you think Amazon does the same though? With all of their automation, one would think they'd also have a way to quickly weigh and print accurate shipping labels.

People... perhaps. Do you think Amazon does the same though? With all of their automation, one would think they'd also have a way to quickly weigh and print accurate shipping labels.
Good question, I would think it is automated at Amazon. IF it is actually warehoused there and not drop shipped from a third party somewhere else.
I used to buy a lot of Pioneer electronics car audio equipment. indash radios came in a case lot of 6. I dont think I ever saw the same weight for the identical boxes. It was like Pioneer was guessing. One shipment the boxes weighed one thing, the next shipment they were up to 5 pounds different. Exact same factory packed cases.
I dont know why, But I got charged the same shipping every time.

IF it is actually warehoused there and not drop shipped from a third party somewhere else
Good point. "I bought it from Amazon" could have many meanings. I don't even think some people realize who they are buying from when shopping on Amazon.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
It depends, if it's fulfilled by Amazon or not. I would think DJI is just a 3rd party seller there.

Good point. "I bought it from Amazon" could have many meanings. I don't even think some people realize who they are buying from when shopping on Amazon.
to me i dont care who i buy from on amazon as long as it comes with the amazon warranty
i returned an e58 and 15 minutes after i shipped it back,the money was back in my account.

Soooooo.... What was in the box?
It's Nebby.
cosmog.0.png

So I got my mavic pro replaced by amazon due to a faulty gimbal (wonky horizon, yaw drift, jello, abnormal gimbal vibrations, violent gimbal seizure and power on). The original package according to ups weighs 3.8kg (fly more combo) but the new one that has not arrived yet weighs 4.3kg according to ups. Did they add something to my shipment or could i be receiving someone else's package? I am really confused.

Thanks in advance.

Just be glad it's not lighter.

Amazon has software that tells them ehat box to ship it in in order to optimize the packing of their trucks. Sometimes that means a larger box is used. Shipment is traditionally calculated by size and then weight. With the size determining a minimum gross shipping weight.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998