DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon replacement weighs more than original

Maybe...just maybe....they accidentally shipped you the yet to be released Mavic Pro II.

Amazon has software that tells them ehat box to ship it in in order to optimize the packing of their trucks. Sometimes that means a larger box is used. Shipment is traditionally calculated by size and then weight. With the size determining a minimum gross shipping weight.

I don't buy anything at Amazon... E BAY has a tracking system that tells you what is shipped in each box, and gives you the local of each seller. Sometimes it's better to pay a few extra bucks and buy something shipping from the US for me than from Asia (Took over a month to get a skin for my drone). Also you can set up notifications as it passes through each delivery point.

I don't buy anything at Amazon... E BAY has a tracking system that tells you what is shipped in each box, and gives you the local of each seller. Sometimes it's better to pay a few extra bucks and buy something shipping from the US for me than from Asia (Took over a month to get a skin for my drone). Also you can set up notifications as it passes through each delivery point.
Amazon doesn't ship from Asia. They also have their own tracking system where you can even track the driver's position when your package is out for delivery. You get FREE 2 day shipping for a lot of orders as a Prime member, and sometimes same-day delivery. Are you thinking about Alibaba?

Reactions: Brandaloo
not to go too far off topic, I sent my friend 2 cans of B&M Brown Bread via Amazon Prime.

She got wireless headphones instead...

Amazon said keep the headphones and overnighted the original order.

and that is why in the radio business, headphones are called "cans"
(and those cans are about the size of my old Koss Pro 4 AA's )

Reactions: CCDD
People... perhaps. Do you think Amazon does the same though? With all of their automation, one would think they'd also have a way to quickly weigh and print accurate shipping labels.

I own a business that ships 5 days per week with Fedex. We weigh boxes when the label is printed and Fedex estimates the shipping charges for us. However, Fedex weighs the box several more times during its journey and adjusts the amount they bill us accordingly.

ie: if I ship a box that i say weighs 1 pound but it actually weighs 20, Fedex bills me for the actual weight. The same applies inversely as well.

The unknown to me is whether the weight you see in the tracking info reflects the actual weight or the estimated weight at time of label creation.

Also, amazon likely plays by a different set of rules.

In addition to what @Cyberpower678 said, as a prime member, if you need to return something, Amazon will send UPS to your house to grab the return package at absolutely no cost. You ain't gonna get that from eBay. I buy from Amazon knowing that I will have zero issues with returns.

Myself and a group of others once for an eBayer's account shut down for fraud. I bought a new computer monitor and it arrived literally in pieces. The seller said that I did it, then went silent. I know it's rare, but it's still a risk buying on eBay (which I still often do).

In addition to what @Cyberpower678 said, as a prime member, if you need to return something, Amazon will send UPS to your house to grab the return package at absolutely no cost. You ain't gonna get that from eBay. I buy from Amazon knowing that I will have zero issues with returns.

Myself and a group of others once for an eBayer's account shut down for fraud. I bought a new computer monitor and it arrived literally in pieces. The seller said that I did it, then went silent. I know it's rare, but it's still a risk buying on eBay (which I still often do).

That's my whole problem with Amazon, keep having to return things that are misrepresented or takes 2 months to get here from Asia (Usually beat to hell). E BAY lists the location of original shipping and I look to buy in America from sellers with a good rating.

That's my whole problem with Amazon, keep having to return things that are misrepresented or takes 2 months to get here from Asia (Usually beat to ****). E BAY lists the location of original shipping and I look to buy in America from sellers with a good rating.
I don't know what you're buying out there, but it takes 2 days for everything I order to arrive. In rare cases, it takes longer from 3rd party sellers, but Amazon shows that information right at the top of the page, along with estimated shipping and receiving dates (very similar to eBay). So at least you're aware of it in advance.

I think it's just a case of - the devil you know.

Happy shopping!

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
I don't know what you're buying out there, but it takes 2 days for everything I order to arrive. In rare cases, it takes longer from 3rd party sellers, but Amazon shows that information right at the top of the page, along with estimated shipping and receiving dates (very similar to eBay). So at least you're aware of it in advance.

I think it's just a case of - the devil you know.

Happy shopping!
You know how it is when you have a few bad experiences, you don't patronize them anymore. At least I don't after being burned 3 times.

keep having to return things that are misrepresented or takes 2 months to get here from Asia (Usually beat to ****)
Buy items listed as "Prime". Not only will they arrive quickly, they are all shipped from within the US.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
You know how it is when you have a few bad experiences, you don't patronize them anymore. At least I don't after being burned 3 times.
Oh h3ll, they've burned me way more times than that :). But then, I've had a few eBay burns as well. The problem, nowadays, is that no one "really" cares. They're all playing the numbers game.

Dude, unlike eBay, which has a higher likelihood of having misrepresented items, Amazon takes complaints very seriously. eBay reps couldn't give two badgers. Also unlike eBay, Amazon always gives you full refund, expedite your shipping on your corrected order, and provide you a free return label to return the old product if it needs shipping back. You should only ever be wary of 3rd party sellers that aren't fulfilled by Amazon.

Not trying to hammer on your opinion, my point is that you had a bit of bad luck, but I still feel you're better off with Amazon.

Happy shopping. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy