DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An odd one this, hope someone can advise.

Soxer123

Reactions
Yesterday, I had to reset my Xperia XZ Premium a factory reset.

I've put my djiGo4 software back on and apart from the odd niggle reconnecting to my Air, I've an odd thing happening.

OK, then I plug the phone in the charger, I get a short pulse and a tone.

When the phone is plugged into the handset and it is them all switched on, I am getting that sound and pulse every 3 or 4 seconds. Therefore, I have no idea whether it is this that is interfering with connecting to the aircraft.

I have tried connecting once using the QR code on the side of the Air, that worked, but when I powered on again an our later, nothing is connecting.

I have completely removed the Go app and reinstalled.

If anyone has any experience of solving these problems sort of threatening it with a hammer, please let me know. Keith

I have tried connecting once using the QR code on the side of the Air, that worked, but when I powered on again an our later, nothing is connecting.
To be able to connect the phone to the aircraft you had to unlink the controller, so now if you want to use the controller you need to link it again.

I've tried that also, going into settings, link handset, press the button on the back of the Mavic Ait for 4 seconds, beep, then double beep - not working.

To be able to connect the phone to the aircraft you had to unlink the controller, so now if you want to use the controller you need to link it again.
To confirm, I have gone into settings, pressed the button 3-4 seconds on beep, red from leds flashing on the aircraft. Click ok on the phone handset and nothing. That pulsing of the phone handset has to suggest an error of some sort. My plans are when I get home are to try a different USB lead and then a different phone handset. Really annoyed that my expensive Sony phone which worked til yesterday until I had to do a factory reset. Another reason why I hate technology.

Solved it. - Reset the phone again, only added DJI Go and then set up. Just in case there was a conflicting app on the Android phone.

Linked handset to aircraft using the settings, worked first time, no odd pulsing through phone handset. Took all morning, 4 hours I'll never get back.

Keith

Yesterday, I had to reset my Xperia XZ Premium a factory reset.

I've put my djiGo4 software back on and apart from the odd niggle reconnecting to my Air, I've an odd thing happening.

OK, then I plug the phone in the charger, I get a short pulse and a tone.

When the phone is plugged into the handset and it is them all switched on, I am getting that sound and pulse every 3 or 4 seconds. Therefore, I have no idea whether it is this that is interfering with connecting to the aircraft.

I have completely removed the Go app and reinstalled.

If anyone has any experience of solving these problems sort of threatening it with a hammer, please let me know. Keith

SOLUTION !

I got this "fix" via a pal who's client are a drone developer in the UK. Big stuff, but thet are familiar with DJI.

Once given my problem they responded, oh that's easy.

The factory reset on your phone has prevented the phone from communicating with the handset.

Below is a paste from the e mail I received. I've yet to test it, but I have such faith in this as a solution, I'm posting it now. Will verify here later.

++++++++++++

If the Android phone that was initially working was factory reset you would need to re enable developer mode and turn on usb debugging to get the app to connect. This would be the same on the tablet if it is Andriod and not had the DEV mode enabled

If you go into the settings on the phone/tablet and click about phone/device, then go into software information and tap on the build number section 5-10 times. This will inform you that you have unlocked developer mode.

If you then go back to the main setting page for the phone you should now see a menu for developer options, within this turn on the usb debugging and test the drone.

++++++++++++++++

The minute I get home tonight I will connect it all up and verify the fix, but I just know it's going to work.

If anyone has the problem I had, I hope it works for you. Especially as I bought a brand new phone to try and that was exactly the same too.

The response I had from DJI was pretty lame TBH.

Reactions: Fieldstone
None of the current DJI devices require developer mode. Used to be a thing 4 years ago, but no more.

None of the current DJI devices require developer mode. Used to be a thing 4 years ago, but no more.

I just tried it and it didn't work. What gets me is I bought a brand new Huawei phone and that is the same, but a 2 yr old Huawei tablet works fine.

You may need to drag down the notification area, tap the usb mode and switch to a different one than the default "charge only" which can block USB access for safety reasons on some phones.

Thanks, that was suggested to me by the same tech guy. Will try tomorrow, but this was of course not the case before the factory reset of my Sony phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan