DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An Oldie But Goodie Drone Disappearing Act!!

Presuming there isn’t some unknown, unannounced, non-commercial tech provided to DoD or USSS by NSA or the like?

There isn't, as far as I'm aware, and I think I would have heard if there were. There are EM disruptor solutions that can remotely disable UAVs, but those are for use in war zones or perhaps extreme national security situations. I cannot imagine them being deployed at an event like this on US soil - especially when there were almost certainly other aerial assets in the area belonging to LE and the media.

Reactions: Ex Coelis
I just sent DJI support an email requesting the Flight Log “2018-09-02 15_43_18- 163DF84001L6UH.DAT”. We'll see how they respond.

BT
Their initial response was BS. They indicated that I might NOT have sync'd the original Log; which I must have done to enable their analyst to review the Log and Record. Then they said that I could retrieve the Log; though they didn't say how to do that to get it on my computer. I wrote back disputing their assertion that the Log (.DAT file) was not sync'd and asking specifically how to download it. The saga continues . . .

Their initial response was BS. They indicated that I might NOT have sync'd the original Log;

I smell a DJI / CIA conspiracy here !! Sorry sir, we've "lost" it ?

The Aircraft DAT is probably there, but only DJI can read those ?
Maybe they will offer to de-encrypt it and send a readable DAT to you from that.

I haven’t been back to my alma mater on the Severn River since I got my Mini last Christmas, but would the fact that this was probably a 7x24 SFRA, even back in 2018 during Senator McCain’s funeral, make a difference?

470D2DB8-9816-4736-8B56-5971921F30F6.jpeg

At the very least, I’d say sending a drone up to shoot a funeral is disrespectful and a huge intrusion of someone’s most intimate experience. Shame on you. Karma in action

At the very least, I’d say sending a drone up to shoot a funeral is disrespectful and a huge intrusion of someone’s most intimate experience. Shame on you. Karma in action
What about the numerous news media that took maybe hundreds of images and videos? They get a pass?

What about the numerous news media that took maybe hundreds of images and videos? They get a pass?
If not invited, Id say not. It's kinda your moment, and that of your circle I'd think. Wonder how many of us would want someone buzzing overhead as our loved one is laid to rest. Just my opinion, I'm sure there are many others and I respect that. I really do.

I personally do agree with you on this matter. Even though as far as I understand, OP was operating the UAV in compliance with the law. I myself wouldn’t fly over a funeral process if not asked to.

Anyhow, I’m interested in the tech-part of this story, not the moral part.

I disagree though about what you said regarding Karma in action. This was most certainly not the case.

A GoPro Karma would just have dropped, this was clearly not the case here ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie