DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

And yet another benefit of the Mini 2-

edfrombama

Reactions
Good morning to all-
Not a big thing, but yesterday after the sun got high and it warmed up a bit, I flew my Mini 2 to one of my long-time fishing ponds. I won't say how far I flew- don't want to offend anyone.
When I got to the pond, I could see that the winter water was very clear, and when I shot some photos, I could see the bottom of the pond even in the deepest sections.
So now I know why I keep hanging up and losing lures in particular places- logs on the bottom. Now I know the alignment and position of the structure.

That little Mini 2 has a good camera, I think, to be able to show and photograph such things.

good day to all- Ed

Good morning to all-
Not a big thing, but yesterday after the sun got high and it warmed up a bit, I flew my Mini 2 to one of my long-time fishing ponds. I won't say how far I flew- don't want to offend anyone.
When I got to the pond, I could see that the winter water was very clear, and when I shot some photos, I could see the bottom of the pond even in the deepest sections.
So now I know why I keep hanging up and losing lures in particular places- logs on the bottom. Now I know the alignment and position of the structure.

That little Mini 2 has a good camera, I think, to be able to show and photograph such things.

good day to all- Ed

Attachments

• DJI_0078 redo resize.jpg
    DJI_0078 redo resize.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 355
Good morning to all-

good day to all- Ed
I also have a mini 2 and an very happy with the camera, plus this drone is so easy to carry around. I know there are much better ones out there, but this little guy is all i need. I have a lake up north where I fish and plan on doing the same thing with my drone.

I never exceed the speed limit in my car. Speed kills.:rolleyes:
While I appreciate the sardonic humor, would be ok to speed in your car if you put on horse blinders or better yet, tried to drive it using a 6" screen with no side mirrors or rearview? :)

Good afternoon to all-
Ken-Mav-Mtl- I can't see the fish either- even when I'm there fishing!

good afternoon to all- Ed

I would guess that about 75% of us fly BVLOS often. That would be an interesting poll, assuming everyone tells the truth.
There was such a poll done here.

IIRC, about 40% of people said that they fly within VLOS all of the time, and another 30% said that they fly VLOS most of the time.

TCS

While I appreciate the sardonic humor, would be ok to speed in your car if you put on horse blinders or better yet, tried to drive it using a 6" screen with no side mirrors or rearview? :)
How many people have been killed by consumer drones? How many by automobiles?

I'm not seeing this as an equivalent analogy.

How many people have been killed by consumer drones? How many by automobiles?

I'm not seeing this as an equivalent analogy.
Here it goes again. In truth (and place your hand on the bible), we all have use the drone BVLOS I am sure, to either do it regularly or to try it once to test. I gurantee this. Whether this is safe or not, can't say for sure. Depends on location, traffic in the area, altititude, people in the ground, etc.

Reactions: Brojon
I enjoy using my Mini 2 for somewhat similar purposes. I have a few locations where I fish that require hiking over rough terrain. The fish move around a lot within the water system so it's not always certain that they will be there. Sending the drone even a short distance has saved me a lot of unnecessary work.

Reactions: Brojon
Laws are there because 'some' people will not be considerate of others, or not use common sense.

As a teenager learning to drive.. my instructor asked me 'what speed would you drive at on a motorway ?'(highway in USA?) ps it is maximum 70mph here..

So, thinking I was being clever, I said 65mph.

He said so if you have 4 inches of snow and ice on the roads and visibility is down to 20 feet you would drive at 65 mph? He said common sense tells you to drive according ot the prevailing conditions at the time. It was obvious that I wouldn't have done that in practice but some would and indeed, do.

So we have another Law.. aimed at preventing someone 'driving without due care and attention'. This is down to the Police's view at the time. It still doesn't stop people being selfish and endangering other road users; it just enables a legal conviction after the fact.

I'm sure some here have never had an accident when flying BVLOS and statistically it will never happen to someone but also statistically it is more likely to happen purely because the video display screen has only one view at any one time and other impossible to predict factors. Air rescue via a helicopter.. etc etc

Get a grip and put away the drone cop badge. Sheesh...

Good morning to all-

good day to all- Ed
The mini 2 has a awesome camera, im happy with mine and its performance, as for how far u flew.. Nobody flys line of site here i guarantee that, thats why we have our phone to see where the drone is located at that time cause we are father than VLOS unless your
Superman.. then its OK.. LOL

Reactions: funflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_