DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android 9 Pie with DJI Go

I'm using a Google Pixel 2 XL and have updated to Android P. Since then, the DJI Go 4 software crashes when I open it. If I uninstall and then reinstall, it works fine for flying my Mavic Pro. However, the next time I want to fly, I have to uninstall/reinstall again. I've been doing this for the last four flights. Any ideas what's going wrong?

I'm on the Pixel XL and was using DJI Go through several Android P betas. I found that I had to uninstall and reinstall every 3-4 flights. I've just had to reinstall again after the final release and am wondering if this will continue. It's a real pain as the install isn't exactly small.

I had issues in the beginning with it force closing on my Pixel XL. Uninstalled and Reinstalled and it works perfectly now.

There was an update to DJI Go a couple of days ago which made no mention of Android 9. Can anyone confirm that it's working?

There was an update to DJI Go a couple of days ago which made no mention of Android 9. Can anyone confirm that it's working?
It's working on my Pixel XL. Had to uninstall and reinstall though.

Reinstalled 4.2.24 several times. Will not even connect to remote. So I don't know what these guys that keep saying that it 'works fine' are doing different.
Pixel 2 XL (Android 9)

Reinstalled 4.2.24 several times. Will not even connect to remote. So I don't know what these guys that keep saying that it 'works fine' are doing different.
Pixel 2 XL (Android 9)

Did you delete the cache files and data when you reinstalled it? I do have a Pixel 2 XL and the DJI Go App is working for me. Truthfully its a google phone and it should just work. But I am not 100 percent sold on this PIE. I should never of upgraded because now I have to wait for DJI to update their SDK so I can get Litchi working again on my Pixel.

Did you delete the cache files and data when you reinstalled it? I do have a Pixel 2 XL and the DJI Go App is working for me. Truthfully its a google phone and it should just work. But I am not 100 percent sold on this PIE. I should never of upgraded because now I have to wait for DJI to update their SDK so I can get Litchi working again on my Pixel.
Yes I did. I even went into file manager and deleted all references to DJI. Reinstalled latest version from play store. Still cannot get the RC to connect. Guess I'll just have to use my Samsung tablet ( with a little pixelation) or downgrade my pixel 2xl back to Oreo.

Yes I did. I even went into file manager and deleted all references to DJI. Reinstalled latest version from play store. Still cannot get the RC to connect. Guess I'll just have to use my Samsung tablet ( with a little pixelation) or downgrade my pixel 2xl back to Oreo.
Ok last question. Do you also have the latest firmware on the bird and RC controller? The controller can get tricky if you are running windows 10.

Ok last question. Do you also have the latest firmware on the bird and RC controller? The controller can get tricky if you are running windows 10.
Have never updated the firmware. When I run it on my tablet it doesn't nag me for an update.

****... Updating firmware to .400
See what happens[emoji15]
Ok firmware updated to ,0400 still no connection to remote. I know the cord is good because when I turn on the remote the charge light comes on on the phone. Maybe there's something to do with my settings I have USB debugging set. So I just don't know where to go from here any suggestions.

Have you tried connecting through the bottom usb on the controller with your charging cable to the phone

Ok firmware updated to ,0400 still no connection to remote. I know the cord is good because when I turn on the remote the charge light comes on on the phone. Maybe there's something to do with my settings I have USB debugging set. So I just don't know where to go from here any suggestions.

Have you tried connecting through the bottom usb on the controller with your charging cable to the phone
Yes I did. Connection seems to be valid because the charge indicator shows its charging on the phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov