DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android Dji Go4 Crashing? Install it from Google play!

cosmonautis

Reactions
Well, the title says it all!

Bought my mavic yesterday and today I went to do my 1st flight. Right from the start I started to have problems with the app, without any warning it would crash... over and over again... I felt so frustrated and I landed the mavik and went back home to try to find a solution.

That's when I joined this forum and found out that a lot of android users had the same issue.

I had the idea that I had installed the Dji Go 4 right from their website and then I thought: "let me uninstall it and install the Google Play version right from the store". When back to the field and then YES, I had zero crashes and my first full flight went without any problems!

Maybe the Google Play version is different somehow, or maybe it was just "luck" on the uninstall / re-install of app. If any other users try this and works out leave comment for other users to read it.

Cheers from Portugal and see you all in the skies!

Reactions: PoconoDrones
I have FW 700, with 4. 1.0 app on my note5, never any issue, downloaded app from Google. Play

Well, the title says it all!

Bought my mavic yesterday and today I went to do my 1st flight. Right from the start I started to have problems with the app, without any warning it would crash... over and over again... I felt so frustrated and I landed the mavik and went back home to try to find a solution.

That's when I joined this forum and found out that a lot of android users had the same issue.

I had the idea that I had installed the Dji Go 4 right from their website and then I thought: "let me uninstall it and install the Google Play version right from the store". When back to the field and then YES, I had zero crashes and my first full flight went without any problems!

Maybe the Google Play version is different somehow, or maybe it was just "luck" on the uninstall / re-install of app. If any other users try this and works out leave comment for other users to read it.

Cheers from Portugal and see you all in the skies!
Sometimes it is the un-installation and re installation process that fixes the issues.

There's no thing like "app from their website", it was installed from google play, you would have to explicitly allow installation from unknown sources and then download an .apk to install it from some place else. Reinstall might have helped, could have been a different version but it was the same source.

bought an ipad mini 4 in second hand... loving it, bigger display and stability! ... like it or not it's the best solution for this "android issue"...

Have a note 5, a Samsung tab e, Asus zenpad.... No issues.... Oh and got the GPS... Lol

Have a note 5, a Samsung tab e, Asus zenpad.... No issues.... Oh and got the GPS... Lol

Do you get any lagging with your Samsung tab e? I had been using my iphone and it worked great but I wanted something a little bigger. Got the Samsung tab e and was a little disappointed with the amount of lag it had. Also, did you have any problems getting it connected?

Zenpad s3 here no issue but i run 700. and GO4-4.06..It's the way the Mavic was meant to be!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803