DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android video editor apps?

KeithLa

Reactions
Anyone using video editing apps on Android to make short movies for social media sharing? I like the user interface and music of the DJI Go 4 Editor, but hitting a wall on its very limited capabilities (720p only, no audio fade, no import from external storage) and poor output quality (audio skips, synch problems).

So far, all of the Android video apps I've tried (Adobe Clip, Cyberlink PowerDirector, Filmora, YouCut) all lack the ability to import source video from external storage, can't edit 2.7K or 4K, or have other limitations. I like KineMaster a lot, but don't want to pay $40/year subscription to use it.

I prefer mobile device editing since I'm not creating anything high-end, and enjoy doing it in downtime and about when I don't have my laptop with me. But failing that, what's an easy consumer video app for MacOS?

Subbed!

I've got an older Mac book pro and my android flight tablet.

Would be great to make up some video using it! I don't shoot 4k. Only in1080p.

All my videos are downloaded from mavic air onto the tablets micro SD.

I pay subscription on Power Director and I can edit 4K videos imported from a Micro SD reader adapter. And put watermark on my videos too

Reactions: KeithLa
Created this using GoPro Quik app on Android, took an hour or so to figure out its user interface and features, but this might be what I wind up using a lot. Quik was able to edit my1080p 60fps clips, has audio/video fade in and out, extensive music library, and is pretty good at identifying the best highlights to include in video sequences.

Although, as you can tell in the video, some of the music transition points didn't synch precisely on the final production movie, even though they looked right in the editor. Same issue I've experienced with DJI Go 4 Editor. Wondering if it's related to 60fps source footage.

Last edited:
Reactions: mad monkey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54