DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another AMAZING reason to use LITCHI

Rockowe

Reactions
I know most people use Litchi for awesome Missions of routes they would like to repeat - looking at Objects they would like to view-

When Litchi recently reviewed their missions allowing for MID ENTRY to missions, I wondered if Litchi could possibly be used as a Location Pointer.

As a young Fixed-wing pilot in the 90's, GPS was available to use when flying a 4 seater Piper Cherokee - and I used it to get from A to B - without needing to use traditional Navigation instruments.

Like 'Go to DURBAN' or 'Go to the Blyde River Canyon'.
Just a CLick and the GPS directed me in a straight Line.

LITCHI can do the same - and even better - will Navigate to Any Single Point - of Destinations from ANYWHERE. Just make a Short 2 point mission at the Destination Point (5meters apart).

I live on a Mountain and I have Multiple destinations with Views that I love.
Maybe 20 of them. AT Random I can select ANY of these - and Go from any other Point I have Visited.

Looking at Litchi Mission Hub May look Like this.
f.jpg

… SO easy to Go to ANY POINT of your Favourites, and not only that - But RISE to a safe level getting there... (as long as BOTH don't have trees in between) - But also safely rising and directing the drone by selecting the point to Go. (in a straight line)
After arriving LITCHI will remember the Altitude and the Heading and GIMBAL Tilt view - and Position the Drone Exactly where you want - to immediately manually continually peruse the area.
- In any order you choose - for that flight

INVALUABLE for Night flying too - Search and rescue - and a host of other things-

Just Make short Descriptions of your Favourite Destinations. of Your DESTINATION (2 point) Missions.

Hope this Helps people with some of their OWN Ideas.

i haven,t found a program that serves my flight needs like litchi but i haven,t had to look , Litchi works for a cowboy who knew nothing about drone,s

Use it all the time

LITCHI - as a DIRECTION FINDER. (Another AMAZING reason to use)
… like Aeroplane Navigation

LITCHI can do the same - and even better - will Navigate to Any Single Point - of Destinations from ANYWHERE. Just make a Short 2 point mission at the Destination Point (5meters apart).

… Its easy to Go to ANY POINT of your Favourites, and not only that - But RISE to a safe level getting there... (as long as BOTH don't have trees in between) - But also safely rising and directing the drone by selecting the point to Go. (in a straight line)
After arriving LITCHI will remember the Altitude and the Heading and GIMBAL Tilt view - and Position the Drone Exactly where you want - to immediately manually continually peruse the area.
- In any order you choose - for that flight

INVALUABLE for Night flying too - Search and rescue - and a host of other things-

Just Make short Descriptions of your Favourite Destinations. of Your DESTINATION (2 point) Missions.

Hope this Helps people with some of their OWN Ideas.

This is a detailed Explanation Recorded on a LIVE Stream... (watch in HD or more)

See thread : - LITCHI - as a DIRECTION FINDER. (Another AMAZING reason to use)

Reactions: BigAl07
How did you know how low to come down on the white house? It just seemed very risky that you could hit something like a tall tree.

How did you know how low to come down on the white house? It just seemed very risky that you could hit something like a tall tree.

Iv FINALLY figured it out - Google and satellite Error and visibility Noted - leads me to the working conclusion that on Both Drones (Mavic Pro Plat AND Mavic2 Zoom) - 5 x Meters (say 18ft) is a SAFE margin of Error to work with - .
SO....
- if you PRE - Fly the locations to LOW and HIGH points - ASSUME a FIVE meter BALL(sphere radius) around the drone on the Record - … Then ALL is SAFE !

Iv tested this theory over 4 years of SAFE Flying ...
(So unless a Tree Grows REALLY QUICKLY - or Vicious winds Push it Towards you - Ur safe.
The theory works within a tight Margin around my Premises - inbetween trees and close to the walls and buildings (5 Meters Minimum) - that includes the straight line of FLIGHT between TWO Points.
NOTE: Do Not add Curves into your Mission when Flying the 5 Meter Radius Ball !!!!

Hope this Helps

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78