DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another lost Mavic but where's the rest of my flight log?

Huskerfan

Reactions
Ran it out about 21,000 feet. Turned around to return home but the only flight log I can see is the first 7 minutes. I remember the Mavic running down to about 60% battery and saying it should return home so I started home and got to about 11,000 feet and lost connection at that time.

I might have undone the rth so I could fly it faster cause the battery was running out. So I imagine it just landed when it got to critical battery but because the flight log didn't record that part I don't know where it is.

My main question is why did the flight log stop recording?

I'd say your battery surely died. You were out 4 miles, no way you would have made it back. Can you post your flight log for others to review?

DJI Flight Log Viewer

I was at 76% battery at 4 miles out then started coming back. Here's what I can find from my Ipad. See, the log just ends.

How bout the .dat file? Is that useful?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-01-10_[22-34-09].txt
    568.3 KB · Views: 15
There was no way you were making it back, especially flying in Sport mode

I was at 76% battery at 4 miles out then started coming back...
If you had 76% battery at 4 miles, I am guessing you had a tailwind going out that turned into a headwind coming back. That would account for your battery drain. It stopped recording because you lost connection. Perhaps the real question is why did it lose connection?

Reactions: Hollow Dog
2018-01-10_22-33-57_FLY047.DAT
I have this file that might explain some things but I don't know how to open it.

Ah this reminds me to upload my flight log. I pushed the limits on my drone and lost it but the last couple of mins of flight there was no data.

That's the weird thing. I had control of the mavic after the end of this flight log. I was bringing her back home.

76% at 4 miles? U should have been at 55 or 50 even in sport mode so u def had to have a headwind going out....probably why u didnt make it back. With rth if u just simply jam right stick forward while in rth mode u will get more speed about 30 mph vs 22. As to why your flight log cut out I have no clue

Funny thing is I was going to sell the Mavic cause I already have 3 other drones. Now I want her back....... :(

I was recording video the whole time. Would that show up some where? Other than the sd card of course.

What makes you say that?
IMO for the OP to get out 4 miles and still have 75% battery remaining, there must have been a tailwind. Not unless it was a modded battery. Should also be not that at a height of 400ft who knows what the wind speed was up there.

IMO for the OP to get out 4 miles and still have 75% battery remaining, there must have been a tailwind. Not unless it was a modded battery. Should also be not that at a height of 400ft who knows what the wind speed was up there.

I was referring to the second part of your statement suggesting that Sport mode is less efficient in covering distance - that is not true.

Mavic Battery and Speed efficiency chart

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memotec