DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another modified MavMount for the CS Ultra

Reversed the base. You can see the angle goes back now. It helps with clearing the sticks.
b5dcf3433c1fd51d051834c1643fd4dd.jpg

Cool idea mate! But will that still fit in the Mavic controller?

Or do you need to cut the overhanging piece off? (Which I'd be quite happy to do)

Tried a few different setups and have finally settled with the following. I have plenty of room to access the sticks and it all feels ok in my hand. I generally use the titandrones tactical ground station, so this is only if i want to be a bit more mobile. 20171115_111401.jpg 20171115_111405.jpg 20171115_111422.jpg

Cool! Looks like your DJI quick release is mounted just 5 or 10mm forward of mine Thumbswayup

this is my rig which is all over the place LOL !!

crystal sky spark mount - Copy.jpg

The issue arises when you want to swap the CS between controllers and you need to unscrew and swap the base plate on the CS. The only option is to get a dedicated CS for each controller :) but I'm not sure the wife will buy into that arguement:confused:

The issue arises when you want to swap the CS between controllers and you need to unscrew and swap the base plate on the CS. The only option is to get a dedicated CS for each controller :) but I'm not sure the wife will buy into that arguement:confused:

Do wat i did when i had just one CS. Buy two mounts i showed in the link. 18 dollar and you have some spare parts also...

Peter

Do wat i did when i had just one CS. Buy two mounts i showed in the link. 18 dollar and you have some spare parts also...

Peter

Hi Peter , I think you misunderstand my situation, I am using the CS Ultra with my P4P, my mavic and my spark

The P4P controller has a different mount to what you bought which only works for the Mavic and Spark, I need something across all 3 controllers and at the moment only the official DJI CS Mounts are working, where I don't need to re-screw the the mounting bracket when I swap over

crystalsky1 - Copy.jpg

Hi Peter , I think you misunderstand my situation, I am using the CS Ultra with my P4P, my mavic and my spark

The P4P controller has a different mount to what you bought which only works for the Mavic and Spark, I need something across all 3 controllers and at the moment only the official DJI CS Mounts are working, where I don't need to re-screw the the mounting bracket when I swap over

View attachment 25045

Got you. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Peter

I can take absolutely zero credit for this idea, full props to @Paul7of8 for coming up with it Thumbswayup

Modified my MavMount today to accept the DJI quick release bracket.

I bought the proper CS bracket for the mavmount but it was bit of a faff to set it all up. I tried the thumbscrews mod too, still wasn't ideal.

This quick-release arrangement now sees me setup in under sixty seconds and much like Paul, I don't have to keep adjusting the angle. Set it once, job done.

I'm probably past the point of no return here as rather than using cable ties (zip ties?) I've gone all out and mixed up some epoxy resin to keep the front end of the DJI bracket from swivelling about.

This also solves the problem of the lanyard clip damaging the USB-C plug on the bottom with the CS bracket. Oh, and the built in DJI cable in the bracket is the perfect length too.

Shout out to @Aerial West if you make a modified base plate to fit the Mavic remote and accept the DJI bracket mate you'll have a few sales here for sure :D
Good job - I will nominate you for Nobel Peace Prize for ingenuity for modifying Mavmounts!

View attachment 23724 View attachment 23725 View attachment 23726 View attachment 23727 View attachment 23728 View attachment 23729 View attachment 23730 View attachment 23731 View attachment 23732

just wanted to say thanx for this posting on the crystalsky bracket to mavmount mod... i did same thing to mine just recently & im really please how it came out, using the pics posted here as reference...IMG_4331.JPGIMG_4333.JPGIMG_4334.JPGIMG_4282.JPGIMG_4301.JPGIMG_4295.JPGIMG_4325.JPGIMG_4311.JPGIMG_4303.JPG

This is what I did, It's not the cheapest solution, but the best looking IMHO, see photo and tutorial video below.
IMG_20180911_222321.jpg

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
I can take absolutely zero credit for this idea, full props to @Paul7of8 for coming up with it Thumbswayup

Modified my MavMount today to accept the DJI quick release bracket.

I bought the proper CS bracket for the mavmount but it was bit of a faff to set it all up. I tried the thumbscrews mod too, still wasn't ideal.

This quick-release arrangement now sees me setup in under sixty seconds and much like Paul, I don't have to keep adjusting the angle. Set it once, job done.

I'm probably past the point of no return here as rather than using cable ties (zip ties?) I've gone all out and mixed up some epoxy resin to keep the front end of the DJI bracket from swivelling about.

This also solves the problem of the lanyard clip damaging the USB-C plug on the bottom with the CS bracket. Oh, and the built in DJI cable in the bracket is the perfect length too.

Shout out to @Aerial West if you make a modified base plate to fit the Mavic remote and accept the DJI bracket mate you'll have a few sales here for sure :D

View attachment 23724 View attachment 23725 View attachment 23726 View attachment 23727 View attachment 23728 View attachment 23729 View attachment 23730 View attachment 23731 View attachment 23732

Just wanted to give you a heads up after reviewing your pictures I took it upon myself also to try this idea and this is how mine came out thanks for the tip[emoji482]IMG_4343.JPGIMG_4341.JPGIMG_4345.JPGIMG_4344.JPGIMG_4333.JPGIMG_4336.JPGIMG_4308.JPG

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Nice one @Cpt.Barbossa1072 - I still fly with this modded mount to this day Thumbswayup

Top tip, move your lanyard clip up to the higher point on the DJI mount, where the release lever is, helps the balance :cool:
ohhh wow, i didnt realize that, thanx..!see this is why i like using this forum, u get alot of good tips/ideas from cool drone fanatics in here, now all we need is for DJI to make a firmware/software update for correcting the current issues & have the CS up to sate with the smart controller...!

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS