DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another modified MavMount for the CS Ultra

far out, three days to go from shipping code created to it hitting the shipping facility, then a few hours and it's in the air internationally. some bits came today, still have bits from the USA, Germany and the UK in transit.

I'll have access to a lather and a mill in April so I'm going to have a go at some adapters and baseplates myself, might order some 1/4" carbon plate.

far out, three days to go from shipping code created to it hitting the shipping facility, then a few hours and it's in the air internationally. some bits came today, still have bits from the USA, Germany and the UK in transit.

I'll have access to a lather and a mill in April so I'm going to have a go at some adapters and baseplates myself, might order some 1/4" carbon plate.

Can’t wait to see your masterpiece. What CS are you using? By your description in another post, I don’t follow what quick disconnect you will be using or how it’s being utilized with the MM. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

well having traveled over 7,500 miles to date, my new Mavmount is in-country. let's see how our local excuse for a postal system can stuff it all up now.

this version will be based entirely on off-the-shelf parts if all goes as planned, so I can do a parts list and anyone can make one with the same or equivalent parts. once I have this one set up and running I can pull apart my existing Mavmount iPad setup and have some fun making a bespoke version.

I'm using a CS7.85 standard.

the bracket with integrated cable and quick disconnect comes from DJI themselves. Buy CrystalSky Remote Controller Mounting Bracket - DJI Store

the baseplate can be cannibalised from a Mavmountr or the original Polarpro mount, although those are pretty expensive to buy just to use one component. I reckon that one of these would make a cheap donor:

Code:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/183139360606

in fact, looking back, that appears to be the same base that someone else has already used here. Another modified MavMount for the CS Ultra

you would need to drill and tap at least one hole for the front bolt, see Another modified MavMount for the CS Ultra

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Thanks, I ordered the one from DJI before finding the PolarPro version. I do like the finger nursed screws for quick setup and will search them up after the mount gets here. Appreciate the info. When I go flying I like to carry everything in a case and don’t want to carry a tool kit.

well having traveled over 7,500 miles to date, my new Mavmount is in-country. let's see how our local excuse for a postal system can stuff it all up now.

this version will be based entirely on off-the-shelf parts if all goes as planned, so I can do a parts list and anyone can make one with the same or equivalent parts. once I have this one set up and running I can pull apart my existing Mavmount iPad setup and have some fun making a bespoke version.

I'm using a CS7.85 standard.

ok where the pics of your new set up...?

the Mavmount may have arrived locally, when I said in-country that was about 800 miles away. public holiday today so maybe delivery later in the week.

I'm also still waiting on components coming from England and Germany.

the Mavmount may have arrived locally, when I said in-country that was about 800 miles away. public holiday today so maybe delivery later in the week.

I'm also still waiting on components coming from England and Germany.

Lol the suspense is killing me! You critique of all the mounts makes me think we could me brothers. So I’m particularly interested in your plan. Can you divulge the parts list so we can get a jump on ordering all these worldly goods?

Reactions: Ping^Spike
let's see if it works first. I'm going on dimensions from the web and some very helpful info from Aerial West at this point. I don't mean to hold anything back, but I wouldn't be comfortable with people potentially spending money on my guesses before proven correct.

[edit] aaaargh.... the MM is *still* 800 miles away... apparently it took three days to clear customs.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143