DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another recruit to the dark side.

Ramjam61

Reactions
Hi all. As the title suggests, as an RC /Glider, Heli and power fixed wing jocky who frowned on multicopters and all the bad publicity. I have succumbed to this amazingly safe and tech filled side of our hobby. I am now the proud owner of Mavic mini. I am absolutely blown away by what this small aircraft can do and look forward to exploring my country with this tech filled wonder. It's nice to be part of the community and clear skies to all.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the Dark Side from the Far Side in Texas!

Isn't the Mini an amazing machine? Great performance. Great fly-time. Great camera!

You'll find lots of fellow Yorkshiremen coming out of the woodwork, and others pilots from around the world to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice lost drone recovery (you will crash, and you will lose your Mini). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to the Dark Side from the Far Side in Texas!

Isn't the Mini an amazing machine? Great performance. Great fly-time. Great camera!

You'll find lots of fellow Yorkshiremen coming out of the woodwork, and others pilots from around the world to help you gain skill as a pilot and photographer.

Be sure to read the manual! Be sure you practice lost drone recovery (you will crash, and you will lose your Mini). Just be sure you know how to retrieve it!

Glad to have you with us!
Thanks for the advice on lost drone practice. I can see how important that is because a few times yesterday on a local featureless moor (Bronte Country). I was so immersed in the new experience that I found myself having to use the rth feature to get it back in sight. It sure moves quickly. I will practice that feature in a safe area on a regular basis. I've already started hurtling down small valleys with it.20191126_121453.jpg

Hi all. As the title suggests, as an RC /Glider, Heli and power fixed wing jocky who frowned on multicopters and all the bad publicity. I have succumbed to this amazingly safe and tech filled side of our hobby. I am now the proud owner of Mavic mini. I am absolutely blown away by what this small aircraft can do and look forward to exploring my country with this tech filled wonder. It's nice to be part of the community and clear skies to all.
Welcome to the forum! Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the LIGHT side FROM the dark side is my view having been on the dark side and crashed more flying things than most people. ;)

We all hope you enjoy the forum.

Check out the CAA rulings for the distance regulations if you have not already done it. It might save you a lot of aggro.

CLICK HERE

Welcome to the LIGHT side FROM the dark side is my view having been on the dark side and crashed more flying things than most people. ;)

We all hope you enjoy the forum.

Check out the CAA rulings for the distance regulations if you have not already done it. It might save you a lot of aggro.

CLICK HERE
Hi. Thanks for the welcome and advice. I am now aware that although my Bmfa membership allows me to fly my gliders hgher than 400ft (under a current exemption rule) it does not permit me to fly a quadcopter over that height. I am now learning to keep an eye on the drone and just glance at the screen occasionaly. Whole new learning curve.

having to collect your peg and display your frequency flag on the antenna along with the corresponding peg before you could fly ,the best was when you had half channels with planes all over the sky and suddenly your craft would get grabbed by another trans as you were to close in channels are the good old bad old days

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy