DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

another warning

PoonDog

Reactions
Ok, I went back to the place where I tried to fly last week and was unable because of buried steel foundations of old buildinga. Today I moved about 100 yards and everything was looking good. I know that I am in a enhanced warning zone and I have to agree to a wainer by pressing yes. I did this and go4 would not respond . tried restarting go4 with neg results. Tried re booting my ipad 5 and still no response.the warning stayed on my screen and I had no video so once again I could not fly. In the words of Chief Joseph of the Nez Pierce Tribe " I shall endever to persevere" , however I would appreciate any help that is out there. I will accept any suggestions other than " chuck it in the bay and go to the rest home where you belong".
Thanks
PoonDog.

You also have to check the box, you do that ?

Just use the dji site to pre approve your flight location, then no need for data connection on site as that's probably what the issue is.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
AirMap has worked impeccably in granting me instant clearance at my most common flight site which is in the last 200yds or so of an airport restricted area. I have never asked any DJI app for clearance. I get approval on my iPhone and fly using my CS. Can’t take off flashes on the CS for about 2seconds then all is good to go. All software is current versions. Just My $0.02

Reactions: Jet skier
On my iPad it's on the right side about 1/2 way down. It is hard to see but it must be checked as well as hitting yes . Had to do it today . I always about forget about it as I don't see it much .

Reactions: PoonDog
On my iPad it's on the right side about 1/2 way down. It is hard to see but it must be checked as well as hitting yes . Had to do it today . I always about forget about it as I don't see it much .
Thank you bud, Ill give it as try. Going back over there tonight

Reactions: dirkclod
That’s it you have to tap it on the right then below it

Just use the dji site to pre approve your flight location, then no need for data connection on site as that's probably what the issue is.

This is indeed the sure way to make sure you're able to fly when you get on scene.

Good advice!

Reactions: charlas

I would enjoy further clarification on this post. Firstly, I was ignorant that one could go to the DJI site and get approval. Secondly, I use a non-cellular iPad to control when I fly. So how might I get the iPad to get such permission prior to flying?

Thanks for clarifying.

I would enjoy further clarification on this post. Firstly, I was ignorant that one could go to the DJI site and get approval. Secondly, I use a non-cellular iPad to control when I fly. So how might I get the iPad to get such permission prior to flying?

Thanks for clarifying.
Just hop to the fly safe site Fly Safe – Drone Flying Tips, Policies & Regulations, and More – DJI

Find the area, pop details in (if your logged in then it should know your controller serial number) get approval via phone/card whatnot and then make sure you connect to the drone with controller and tablet/phone and it will download the approval, think you get 48hours or something if memory serves.

DJI have this

Before starting the process, obtain your "Flight controller SN"

1. Turn on aircraft and controller
2. In the DJI GO4 app, tap the three dots in the upper right corner
3. Scroll down to "About"
4. Look for, and write down the Flight Control number NOT the controller SN
5. Go to the website below.

Once approved you will receive an email with further instructions on how to use the DJI Go4 app for unlocking. PDF file is HERE
Once you sync the unlocking code with the aircraft, you won't need cellular or wifi services as it will be locked within your aircraft and controller.

Last edited:
Ok, Im also blind too. I remembewr someone mentioning the box, but, I dont know where it is ?

That checkbox is very hard to see, especially out in the daylight. I did a screen shot and looked at the capture on my screen at home and finally found it. Memorize the location so that your blind fingertips have a better chance of finding it.

It's very frustrating when you're very far from home. The box is DARK BLUE on BLACK -- BAD design, DJI.

Chris

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming