DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna mods

what's your experience been with this setup vs. stock?

My stocks set up works much better than this in the city but in the country it's amazing too much interference in the city for this setup

My stocks set up works much better than this in the city but in the country it's amazing too much interference in the city for this setup
Hi DJ any news of the 52 minutes of your flight with titan? jajajaja You are unbelievable

Reactions: Ed209
1eebeab8e7d03d1a1f7ed7fa89cb3795.jpg
86cf4de9f36b11ffdb278c1d865eba01.jpg
32e9fb4449b649534af60638c3f81ac8.jpg
42c1f3a531a3e3c078ff983e73e98102.jpg
Hello.
I got the same 4w amps you showed from Amazon.
Have you just removed the black metal casing??
Does it offer much of a weight saving as there **** heavy as standard.
Thanks for your time.
Sam

Hello.
I got the same 4w amps you showed from Amazon.
Have you just removed the black metal casing??
Does it offer much of a weight saving as there **** heavy as standard.
Thanks for your time.
Sam
No different set
0fc342ab2b8836f0115ad6a025000191.jpg

Reactions: UBCNME
Ever get the results of the testing? Very interested in an antenna with boosting built in.

It's a good solution. Not quite as good as my RexUAV antenna with boosters, but still good. Many are running it and see much better performance than stock.

It would be great if there was a setup that you could just add on without having to upgrade the controller. The current add ons that you can just slip on are not that great

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
yeah there's not any that I know of that you don't have to mod the controller. The Cyclone would be good for something quick and easy.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Yea I was thinking of something to modify my signal strength. Im interested in doing some City shots. Being able to navigate through the all the interference that comes with the city is what I need the most.

Yea I was thinking of something to modify my signal strength. Im interested in doing some City shots. Being able to navigate through the all the interference that comes with the city is what I need the most.
Like I said you may want to take a look at the Cyclone then. Everyone is claiming that it does real good with interference. I think I'm going to try one myself just to see how well they do work.

It would be great if there was a setup that you could just add on without having to upgrade the controller. The current add ons that you can just slip on are not that great
I agree. While it's certainly not economical, I just bought a brand new second controller and sent it to UAVMaxx for them to modify for me. Now I've got a normal stock controller and a modified controller that I can use depending on what I'm doing.

Reactions: go fast
I agree. While it's certainly not economical, I just bought a brand new second controller and sent it to UAVMaxx for them to modify for me. Now I've got a normal stock controller and a modified controller that I can use depending on what I'm doing.
Can't wait to hear how the modded one differs from stock, pls report back to all of us.

Can't wait to hear how the modded one differs from stock, pls report back to all of us.
I've had it now for about a month and it's fantastic! Flying from my back deck with the stock controller I get around 2,500 feet at BEST (usually in the 1,700 range) before the signal gets super dodgy.

With the evolite kit (boosted) I've gone as far as 7,500 feet!!

The environment that I'm flying in is tough because I have a few tall trees very close to my launching spot and tons of wifi congestion all around.

The nice thing about the evolite kit is that I don't have to focus so much on pointing my controller right at my drone. It helps to be directionally correct but it doesn't have to be exact.

I'm very pleased.

I may luck up on one and find it on ebay and do the same that would be cool.

The Evolite kit definitely works. I haven't done a long range test yet, but it maintains strong signal (3-4 bars) at 6k meters, where the stock remote w/ reflector is pretty well done. I think I've done ~6200m on the stock remote, but that's at near zero signal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929