DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna Range Booster saved my Mavic

nangali

Reactions
So I was in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago and decided to give the little guy a go downtown. It was a little windy but I figured as long I as kept the AC close, I should be alright. Well I got a little carried away with the beautiful skyline. Then all hell broke loose. I was beginning to lose connection to AC and drifting badly. I was also running low on battery. Very quickly I remembered my Range booster (never used the thing) and installed it on my RC. Connection re-established at the nick of time as RTH went into effect. AC came back home but I had to manually land as wind was way too strong to auto land.

Reactions: Narvesh
Wouldn't RTH have kicked in anyway? I know the feeling though, I'd rather RTH while having an established connection and video feed than RTH blindly and hope the bird comes back.

So I was in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago and decided to give the little guy a go downtown. It was a little windy but I figured as long I as kept the AC close, I should be alright. Well I got a little carried away with the beautiful skyline. Then all **** broke loose. I was beginning to lose connection to AC and drifting badly. I was also running low on battery. Very quickly I remembered my Range booster (never used the thing) and installed it on my RC. Connection re-established at the nick of time as RTH went into effect. AC came back home but I had to manually land as wind was way too strong to auto land.
care to let us know what booster you are referring to exactly?

Frightening experience.....GOOD to know that you got it back safe and sound.Thumbswayup

You gotta love this. People post something like this and get others excited and never post back. I was looking for a decent range extender that can be slipped on and found this thread on a search. Figures.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS