DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antennas for Googles RE with racing quad

jotto

Reactions
I'd like to use my DJI Goggles with my racing quad. The quad has a FatShark ImmersionRC 5.8 GHz video transmitter with this antenna:

1PC-font-b-Fatshark-b-font-font-b-ImmersionRC-b-font-SpiroNet-5-8-GHz-Sma.jpg

This doesn't fit the goggles. It seems like I need this adapter:

1Pc Adapter RP-SMA Female Plug To SMA Female Jack RF Connector Reticulated F/F | eBay

Any thoughts? Is this the correct one?

Should I use the Fat shark antennas or use the pagoda antennas that came with the goggles instead? (I will need another adapter to fit the pagoda antenna to the racing quad though).

He needs to do one of them, obviously not both. Doesn't matter which, what's most practical.

NO, the DJI pagodas that come with it the goggles are polarized the opposite way to 90% of common racing drone antennas. You need to change one to match.

No, the goggles come with one pair of Pagodas, one to put on the goggles and one to put on your analog video transmitter.

The Air unit set then comes with its own set of 2 (with different connectors).

Huh, I've been able to tune into all of the analog TXs of other people's racers without having to put a DJI antenna on it so far.

Yup it works, I also use that at close range. You'll just get less performance than you would with the proper polarization.

I will run either fatshark antennas on TX and goggles, or DJI pagoda antennas on both. In either case, I need an adaptor.

The fatshark antennas are right-hand polarized whereas the pagoda antennas are left-hand polarized. Hence they don't work well together other than at close range.

Which antenna do I use to connect DJI Mavic Pro to DJI goggles? I’m confused. Which of course is not directly related to the original question.

I'd like to use my DJI Goggles with my racing quad. The quad has a FatShark ImmersionRC 5.8 GHz video transmitter with this antenna:

1PC-font-b-Fatshark-b-font-font-b-ImmersionRC-b-font-SpiroNet-5-8-GHz-Sma.jpg

This doesn't fit the goggles. It seems like I need this adapter:

1Pc Adapter RP-SMA Female Plug To SMA Female Jack RF Connector Reticulated F/F | eBay

Any thoughts? Is this the correct one?

Should I use the Fat shark antennas or use the pagoda antennas that came with the goggles instead? (I will need another adapter to fit the pagoda antenna to the racing quad though).

Did you ever get this sorted? Trying to find the same thing and going nuts trying. Your link (to eBay item) no longer works.
Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu