DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anti-drone weapons deployed in Aus for Commonwealth Games

For a start they would struggle to spot one until it was pretty close, the line about 'taking over GPS to send it back home' is pure BS.
Disrupting or blocking the GPS is quite likely to result in a crash and damage/injury though.

Reactions: Simmo
And for any other 'item' in the vicinity using Glonass/GPS or 2.4/5.4 gig, you know, TV/radio comms, manned heli's, wifi routers, satellite uplinks maybe?

Along the lines of 'scare tactic' I thought it a bit comical to shape the device like a sci-fi rifle. What would they 'shoot' out the end of the device, focused (rifled) radio energy?

Along the lines of 'scare tactic' I thought it a bit comical to shape the device like a sci-fi rifle. What would they 'shoot' out the end of the device, focused (rifled) radio energy?

Have you not seen the weapons the military has for taking out drones?

For a start they would struggle to spot one until it was pretty close,

Why would you need to spot one when you can detect the data link from several miles away?

Disrupting or blocking the GPS is quite likely to result in a crash and damage/injury though.

This is probably the media not having a clue. Its trivial to jam the data link which will force most into a go home mode. This is simple to do.

You can disrupt GPS locally using a directional transmitter (its been possible for years) but thats unlikely to be the desired method for the reasons you mention.

I can't see a problem with anti drone for huge sporting events. They are areas with large groups of people (so drone flying is banned anyway), has large amounts of manned air traffic for filming and movements and is a ripe terrorist target. Theres no way they should be allowed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78