DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anti UAV Technology to Take Inflight control of your Drone.

Anti UAV Technology to Take Inflight control of your Drone.
Anyone aware if this technology really exists and is actually being used in locations by Governments and Private agencies around the World?
Yes it does. The company I work for is heavily involved in anti-drone tech.
Our systems were used to protect the last Super bowl.
The Drone frequency is found and the (along with the operator) and then they can take control, or even brick the bird in mid flight.

What I would like to know is this.

Would the flight data show that your drone had been hijacked and was taking commands from another source?

This kind of loophole if possible will lead to drones being hacked and used by a third party without your knowledge or consent. Its going to make court cases very interesting when pilots get charged with reckless flying when it was some hacker lol and then the manufacturers will have to place safety features in their drones to prevent them getting hijacked/hacked just like phones!

No wonder DARPA are creating safeware lol
Not to mention some type of terrorist activitiy

Yes it does. The company I work for is heavily involved in anti-drone tech.
Our systems were used to protect the last Super bowl.
The Drone frequency is found and the (along with the operator) and then they can take control, or even brick the bird in mid flight.
DJI’s encryptions must not be very robust if the controller signal can be hijacked. What would seem more plausible is obtaining the operator position (we know that is a trivial exercise with aeroscope) followed by swamping the receiver on the drone to initiate loss of signal RTH followed by a GPS hack to move the home point to where you want the drone to land.

DJI’s encryptions must not be very robust if the controller signal can be hijacked. What would seem more plausible is obtaining the operator position (we know that is a trivial exercise with aeroscope) followed by swamping the receiver on the drone to initiate loss of signal RTH followed by a GPS hack to move the home point to where you want the drone to land.

Most of the active systems jam the control signal, leading to RTH, and potentially jam the aircraft's GPS reception as well, causing auto land. GPS spoofing would be another level of sophistication and require all kinds of special authorization in the US.

Most of the active systems jam the control signal, leading to RTH, and potentially jam the aircraft's GPS reception as well, causing auto land. GPS spoofing would be another level of sophistication and require all kinds of special authorization in the US.
I suspect that is the reality. I was simply suggesting that an exploit to break the controller link and masquerade as the operator with full control would seem significantly more complex to execute, assuming it is currently possible. Proof of concept for RF jamming and GPS compromise seem to be well established. As always in the absence of evidence assumptions of what might be relying on what is demonstrated as possible seem most likely,

My personal favourite solution is the tethered net fired from another drone, catch it and fly it to a safe landing location.

I suspect that is the reality. I was simply suggesting that an exploit to break the controller link and masquerade as the operator with full control would seem significantly more complex to execute, assuming it is currently possible. Proof of concept for RF jamming and GPS compromise seem to be well established. As always in the absence of evidence assumptions of what might be relying on what is demonstrated as possible seem most likely,

My personal favourite solution is the tethered net fired from another drone, catch it and fly it to a safe landing location.

I haven't seen any evidence or even promotional material suggesting that third-party developers have managed to crack the control encryption.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes