DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any method to check how many miles the mavic pro had flew

ckang008

Reactions
I saw a good Deal for a mavic pro and will like to see if there is an odometer to check how many miles it has flown.

Thanks

Hello from the Crossroads of America ckang008.

The flight record in the app should give the information. I assume it's accurate.

Also, in the battery section, you can see how many times the battery has been cycled. Each battery must be attached and powered up to check this.

Good luck with the deal and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I saw a good Deal for a mavic pro and will like to see if there is an odometer to check how many miles it has flown.
The app that the previous owner has used for flying would have a listing of flight details like this:
i-bZRmd8Q-M.jpg

But you can't assume that will be accurate.
If the drone has had other owners, their flights won't be there.
If the current owner has changed his phone or tablet, he may not have transferred all flights.
And he could have deleted flights or maybe used a 3rd party app which won't have recorded data to the DJI app.

Thanks

Based on how many miles you can put on the drones , its likely the most unimportant aspect of the drone.

One of the things that happens is some one will put away there drone not fly it for months on end and than sell it , that is exactly what you do not want.

To get around this ask for a picture from the drone showing that the gimbal is perfectly straight, that is a good sign that the drone was taken care of. have him send you a picture , or better yet the Start Up Sequence of the drone on video.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Based on how many miles you can put on the drones , its likely the most unimportant aspect of the drone.

One of the things that happens is some one will put away there drone not fly it for months on end and than sell it , that is exactly what you do not want.

To get around this ask for a picture from the drone showing that the gimbal is perfectly straight, that is a good sign that the drone was taken care of. have him send you a picture , or better yet the Start Up Sequence of the drone on video.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I'm a bit confused about what bad things can occur because a drone is stored unused for an extended period in general, and specifically how that could damage the gimbal. I could understand potential battery issues if they required periodic cycling, but beyond that possibility, I'm having difficulty visualizing how lack of use could be a problem. Could provide more details? Thanks.

Reactions: umanbean
I'm a bit confused about what bad things can occur because a drone is stored unused for an extended period in general, and specifically how that could damage the gimbal. I could understand potential battery issues if they required periodic cycling, but beyond that possibility, I'm having difficulty visualizing how lack of use could be a problem. Could provide more details? Thanks.

Reasons why you want a video of the Startup :rolleyes:

First you have drone updates and firmware updates that might have been missed. so now you will be scrambling to just to get the drone up and actually flying.

Than you have Two Paradox's : I forgot to tell you , I figured it was an update.
These two cover a whole lot of drones being sold , but my Favorite saying is this one.

I did crash it , but everything was fine it started right up and I put it away.

This one simple trick of asking for a video of the Start up will save you so much time and frustration , and jog the sellers memory of there drone , and you wont have to hear those dreaded words, you just need to recalibrate everything .

Last on my list : is what i call the Bullet proof case syndrome.

Most of us handle our drones with kid gloves , gentle and painstakingly aware of there every movement and position
but Put them in the case and we start flipping them around like yesterdays pancakes, tossing them like garbage cans , stacking them up / down , upside down , inverted and treated like a lunch box.

If you need more proof , there were just a couple threads on the forum of those mystery drones cases not working after being stored away.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain and Land on the Water.

@ckang008 the actual mileage flown is only part of the story ,its also how those miles were flown ,and just as importantly where they were flown
i think what @Phantomrain.org was trying to say was its just as important to know if the drone actually works correctly ,even after it has been stored due to inactivity
now that the newer models have come online many people are getting rid of the earlier mavics ,which are unfortunately becoming harder to source batteries and spares for ,plus the new drone rules coming online will effect where they can be flown ,i have a MPP which i purchased November 2018 and although it still flies really well, at the end of 2022 it will become virtually obsolete with the restrictions on where i can fly it here in the UK
its sad that something that works so well ,will become a virtual paperweight ,but in the world of electronics that seems to be the norm these days so although the drone you mentioned seems a good deal ,is it really at the end of the day, these are just my opinions

@Phantomrain @old man mavic
Thanks for the clarification. I intend to buy within driving distance. I'm pursuing listings on CL & FB Marketplace as there seem to be a good number for sale around here. I fully intend to get an in-person demo before making an offer. That should offer all of the advantages of a video and more. I should also be able for form some kind of judgement of the pilot, and how well and carefully he or she flies and (to some extent) how well the drone is taken care of.

I asked the same question a few months back. Using dji assist you can see how charge cycles the battery has had. Provided its the original battery you can calculate its maximum flight time. Consider 30 mins max flight time per charge, although I'd say 15-20 minutes would be more real world.
Mine came with 2 batteries, one had had about 25 charges the other about 27.
Based on my theoretical 20 minutes, I estimate mine has done maybe 20-30 hours.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes