DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Pilots from Destin, FL area? I NEED HELP! :)

jtcfilms

Reactions
How can I go about legally flying for a wedding client in November, 2021? Have some time but clearance look BRUTAL... NEVER had to deal with this. Any Destin, FL pilots that can help, Ill love you forever...

How can I go about legally flying for a wedding client in November, 2021? Have some time but clearance look BRUTAL... NEVER had to deal with this. Any Destin, FL pilots that can help, Ill love you forever...
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Just a question of critical importance: Do you hold an FAA 107? (My ignorance) The flight you describe requires it to be legal

More info on the location will be needed for anyone to comment fully.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Just a question of critical importance: Do you hold an FAA 107? (My ignorance) The flight you describe requires it to be legal

More info on the location will be needed for anyone to comment fully.
hi there, thanks! Yes I do have my part 107. And the location is pretty much within a couple miles of 1002 US-98, Destin, FL 32541

Not actually local, but my grandpa was a drone pilot there...for the Air Force...in the 60s...a bit different than consumer quadcopters I'm afraid!

I've still got family in FWB and visit relatively often, so I'm at least vaguely familiar with the area. I looked some into what it would take to fly just for the heck of it the last time I was down that way, and concluded that it wasn't worth pursuing. Basically that whole area is under permanent flight restrictions being so close to Eglin/VPS/Hurlburt/the SRI test range. LAANC isn't available at all in that area, and even if you apply for authorization, I really doubt you'll get it. I know it's not the answer you're looking for, but I don't think legal flying in that area is in your (or any of our) future.

Wasn’t aware there was drones back then ?
Welcome to the forum @jtcfilms and not really the section
to ask but good luck. ?

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Wasn’t aware there was drones back then ?
Welcome to the forum @jtcfilms and not really the section
to ask but good luck. ?
In his case, "drone" refered to the radio-controlled, retrofitted F-104s used for munitions testing. Basically the Air Force's solution to that pesky situation where you want to point your shiny new weapon at a fighter jet, but don't necessarily want to point your shiny new weapon at a person in a fighter jet...

I spent 3 days in Destin at a funeral/celebration of life event. I brought my drone for the week-end to fly in the slow times between events. I was unable to start my Mavic 2 Pro anywhere in the entire area. It was like a dead brick. The closest I could fly was along the seashore driving from Pensacola Airport to Destin. There are tons of military bases and airfields there. NOT a good place to own a drone.

Hello from the Crossroads of America jtcfilms.

Good luck on your mission.

Welcome to the Forum. ?

Hi I live In the Destin area and am a licensed 107 pilot and would love to help!
About 2 years ago we visited our friends in Destin, Florida. We flew in to Pensacola from Miami, and drove to Destin along the ocean. Was easily able to fly in Pensacola and along the road to Destin, but after passing through the military bases zone the entire area is in the red zone and marked ZERO altitude on my Airmap. the entire area is MILITARY. (Hurlurt Field, Ft. Walton Beach Airport, etc.). I tried starting my Mavic 2 Pro and is was bricked. The engines would not even start. Forget about it in Destin as far as I am able to tell.

Dale
Miami

About 2 years ago we visited our friends in Destin, Florida. We flew in to Pensacola from Miami, and drove to Destin along the ocean. Was easily able to fly in Pensacola and along the road to Destin, but after passing through the military bases zone the entire area is in the red zone and marked ZERO altitude on my Airmap. the entire area is MILITARY. (Hurlurt Field, Ft. Walton Beach Airport, etc.). I tried starting my Mavic 2 Pro and is was bricked. The engines would not even start. Forget about it in Destin as far as I am able to tell.

Dale
Miami
I just flew a small UAS today right next to Henderson park in class D airspace. Had an authorized COA and contacted ATC. There absolutely are ways to fly in Destin.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan