DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any sample DNG files from M3 telephoto out there?

KS-6

Reactions
Hi,

I am looking for DNG files to download from the Mavic 3's telephoto camera. Any floating around out there?

Nothing eh? All verbal praise but no samples to download and look at. Amazing. Every camera I consider you are able to find DNG / raw files to look at before putting out the funds but not this particular drone.

Nothing eh? All verbal praise but no samples to download and look at. Amazing. Every camera I consider you are able to find DNG / raw files to look at before putting out the funds but not this particular drone.
When someone wants to answer your request they will. Please stay civil folks.

When someone wants to answer your request they will. Please stay civil folks.
Yep, and hopefully that will help the next person looking for the same info because I am done here. I don’t have the time or bandwidth for comments as rude and uncalled for as the one above yours.

Comments like that go against what a community is about and drive people away so congrats.

Yep, and hopefully that will help the next person looking for the same info because I am done here. I don’t have the time or bandwidth for comments as rude and uncalled for as the one above yours.

Comments like that go against what a community is about and drive people away so congrats.
Yours was as bad as his. If we can’t be civil I Will close this.

What sort of samples are you looking for? I'll be happy to shoot a few photos for you.

Any excuse to fly.
Thanks for offering. I would say fairly detailed subjects anywhere from 500” feet away to a few miles. I would be using this to get compressed aerial landscapes, skiers on runs at medium distance, River scenes for conservation purposes.

I’m doing more TV commercials and documentary work so the Cine aspect is a no brainer, the outlier has been how well this secondary cam has been doing since the FW update has allowed it to shoot DNG files.

To the mod, sorry if my second post on here sounded rude but I have been looking for samples for weeks now.

Thanks for offering. I would say fairly detailed subjects anywhere from 500” feet away to a few miles. I would be using this to get compressed aerial landscapes, skiers on runs at medium distance, River scenes for conservation purposes.

I’m doing more TV commercials and documentary work so the Cine aspect is a no brainer, the outlier has been how well this secondary cam has been doing since the FW update has allowed it to shoot DNG files.

To the mod, sorry if my second post on here sounded rude but I have been looking for samples for weeks now.
No problem but just curious, if you use any of the pictures you get and then publish them do you give them a credit for them.
Again just curious..

I posted about my impressions of the tele lens here:

Post #5 gives a link to some full-size jpg images

Reactions: KS-6
No problem but just curious, if you use any of the pictures you get and then publish them do you give them a credit for them.
Again just curious..
It's a good question to ask anyone who might post this type of request.

My answer is simple, I run a very sucessful commercial and fine art photography business in it's 35th year. I have zero interest or inclination in reproducing or even sharing in any way this type of image that the other poster is possibly going to offer up.

I'm very strict about copyright and pay that full respect to the work of others. I hope others here do the same.

It's a good question to ask anyone who might post this type of request.

My answer is simple, I run a very sucessful commercial and fine art photography business in it's 35th year. I have zero interest or inclination in reproducing or even sharing in any way this type of image that the other poster is possibly going to offer up.

I'm very strict about copyright and pay that full respect to the work of others. I hope others here do the same.
Thank you I was just curious. I still don’t have my head around this
cop y right stuff.
thanks 👍
dc

Thank you I was just curious. I still don’t have my head around this
cop y right stuff.
thanks 👍
dc

I will admit that at first I was a bit taken aback but then in giving you the benefit of the doubt, I figured it was more of an opportunity to be a teachable moment so why not make it a good one for everyone?

If I can get some DNG samples, great. If not, I just learned one of my colleagues who has an M3 got back to town and can likely provide me with some current samples.

It's been a rough couple days on here, I am not the guy being made out to be who I am currently cast as so I think I could still very well bow out and make it all a read-only.

Have a good night everyone.

I posted about my impressions of the tele lens here:

Post #5 gives a link to some full-size jpg images

Thanks, those images and insights are helpful.

Thanks, those images and insights are helpful.
My work usually involves shooting fast moving subjects and bracketing exposure, so I usually shoot jpg and didn't have any dng samples to share.
I've just gone out for a test flight between showers and shot some.
Will upload some to dropbox and post a link in half an hour or so.

Reactions: KS-6 and GadgetGuy

Sorry. Comment deleted. We both got off on the wrong foot. All's well that ends well.

Sorry. Comment deleted. We both got off on the wrong foot. All's well that ends well.
Good of you to say so 👍
Only a post was deleted in this thread but we won’t go there.
Alls good 👍👍

Here you go ... a few samples from around the local university campus
No high art ... they're just samples
A few might be 1x/7x comparison shots

OK, now this is what I have been after, *super* helpful!

It looks even across the frame, little to no CA and can sharpen up well enough. In using Photoshop's Enhance feature it can hold up to that kind of enlargement. The lighting is nice and even so you have highlights and shadows well represented and that allows me to push and pull it around in post quite a bit.

The wide and tight shots are showing me the Q/C in terms of both lenses, it's pretty good overall. Some reports of the wide being way the heck off in terms of centering in other posts like on the DJI forum had me a bit concerned but these look within what I have come to expect from DJI as in-spec.

I'll take a closer look tomorrow AM but all in all, a huge thanks for this!

Reactions: Deluge2 and Meta4
So between the DNG stills Meta4 supplied and more stills and footage from my colleague I checked out an hour ago, I have gone ahead and ordered the M3 Cine kit. My friend also had a 24" x 90" pano printed from a stitch of an amazing scene near Canyonlands he shared. It was phenomenal.

Once I verify the optics and then update the FW, I will get busy dialing this in. I'm becoming well versed in the Fly app on my Mini 3 so that ought to help. I do hope they get the FW out soon that gets the cine flying closer to the M2P in Tripod mode but will have to clean it up in the app as best I can and make do for now.

Speaking of help, a big thanks!

Last edited:
OK, now this is what I have been after, *super* helpful!

It looks even across the frame, little to no CA and can sharpen up well enough. In using Photoshop's Enhance feature it can hold up to that kind of enlargement. The lighting is nice and even so you have highlights and shadows well represented and that allows me to push and pull it around in post quite a bit.

The wide and tight shots are showing me the Q/C in terms of both lenses, it's pretty good overall. Some reports of the wide being way the heck off in terms of centering in other posts like on the DJI forum had me a bit concerned but these look within what I have come to expect from DJI as in-spec.

I'll take a closer look tomorrow AM but all in all, a huge thanks for this!
Thanks mate, much appreciated. Do you any wide shots of that area taken with the main M43 camera at ISO100?
Here you go ... a few samples from around the local university campus
No high art ... they're just samples
A few might be 1x/7x comparison shots

Thanks mate, much appreciated.
Do you have any F4 and F5.6 wide shots of that area (or any other area) taken with the main M43 camera at ISO100? Something like this, (not the location) but well lit with lots of details we can have a look at and see the resolving power of the lens and sharpness accross the frame?
I do not want to sound ungreatful which I am certainly not but that would be of even greater help..
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DJI_0727.jpg
    DJI_0727.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 30
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member