DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to fly Mavic Pro 2 with only phone

caleb1

Reactions
I am aware the Mavic 2 has no wifi ability, but I am wondering if anyone has any other ideas of how it might be possible to fly the Mavic 2 pro without the controller and only a mobile device?

Thanks for any input on this.

That's not possible. You can only fly the Mavic 2 models with the Mavic 2 remote controller.

Reactions: caleb1
Ah ok thanks that's what I thought.

Nope. After all, besides Wi-Fi which you indicated isn't available, how would the phone and AC communicate?
Maybe if they sold a price of hardware to connect to the phone that would act as an RC antenna.

Maybe I can make one. Planning on looking at how the antennas are wired in the controller to the output cable...........

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

You mean like the RC itself?

Not sure what you mean by how the antennas on the RC are connected.
The RC has a radio with Ocusync 2 for video and you need that to communicate with the AC. You also need decent battery capacity for the radio.

I suppose you are thinking of a smaller form factor RC without display or joystick, where joystick operations are performed by the app? That's going to take a LOT of engineering.

Last edited:
Reactions: caleb1
I suppose you are thinking of a smaller form factor RC without display or joystick, where joystick operations are performed by the app? That's going to take a LOT of engineering.
Exactly. The antennas would plug into the phone and the joysticks would be used with the app.

I'm a big thinker, maybe that's too big of an idea.:)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111