DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to practice using ATTI mode

naiku

Reactions
Simple enough question, is there a way to practice flying in ATTI mode? Ideally, anywhere I'm flying I'll have GPS, but I want to be able to control the drone in ATTI mode should something happen. I have a large back yard, so plenty of room to practice, just need to know if I can.

Thanks.

Yes. See more details here:

Hmm have to see if that works on the Mavic Air. Someone asked in that thread, but the only reply was for them to experiment. I'd rather not experiment with $650 so will research a little too see if it's possible on the Air.

It’s easier then you think. Cover gps part with aluminum foil and a piece tap to hold on. Found this by accident. Lol well the cover part was accident

Reactions: charliesRig
Reactions: naiku
I just fly in my double garage... obviously not a lot of room, but more than enough to practice stable hover.

[edit] I also have access to a large (30x60m) industrial warehouse space with high ceilings, which is very useful. it's directly across the road from the local light aircraft airport, if I could get GPS signal inside then I expect I would not be able to take off due to geofencing!

Last edited:
I just fly in my double garage... obviously not a lot of room, but more than enough to practice stable hover.

[edit] I also have access to a large (30x60m) industrial warehouse space with high ceilings, which is very useful. it's directly across the road from the local light aircraft airport, if I could get GPS signal inside then I expect I would not be able to take off due to geofencing!

Interestingly if it has no GPS it will allow you to fly in a NFZ. If it has even a little GPS not even enough to fly in GPS mode it won’t. Weird right

not really surprising... the aircraft establishes its location using GPS, which it can do with coarse accuracy well short of attaining a full GPS "OK to fly" lock.

It’s easier then you think. Cover gps part with aluminum foil and a piece tap to hold on. Found this by accident. Lol well the cover part was accident
Where is the GPS antenna it antennas located in a Mavic 2?
I'm guessing that I have to turn off visual sensors so it would really be a full atti mode?

I just assigned ATTI for Sport mode in my Mavic Pro, and it's not difficult if you get DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2!

The problem of physically disabling GPS is that you cannot turn your Mavic into Positioning mode when you need it. But in this method in the video below you still have an option for using GPS mode (or Sport mode as you prefer) as its second. It's worth trying.

I just assigned ATTI for Sport mode in my Mavic Pro, and it's not difficult if you get DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.2!

The problem of physically disabling GPS is that you cannot turn your Mavic into Positioning mode when you need it. But in this method in the video below you still have an option for using GPS mode (or Sport mode as you prefer) as its second. It's worth trying.

Let's try and check post dates before replying to a 3 year old post...shall we? :p

I'm not able to open the link but ok
Ah. That's because these unofficial tweaks are "hidden away" in the Software mods section, you need to tick a "disclaimer" checkbox in your profile settings to get access to it.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom