DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

brentmwarren

Reactions
Hey guys,

Just got my Mavic a month ago, new to photography, etc....

I miraculously took some great pictures/video footage of the sky just after sunset. I THINK I accidentally used an ND filter. Is there any way to figure out within the photo or video information if I used a filter or not?

Also, I do NOT have other images to compare with similar lighting. If I was using a filter it would only be the ND8 so not ridiculously dark. I also live in San Francisco - so if you take the fog into account my lighting conditions are drastically different with each sunset. Just wondering if I can see any of the camera settings stored digitally within the image information on my computer

Last edited:
If you took multiple shots with and without filter under the same or very similar lighting conditions, then you could probably tell..

If you can't tell by looking at the colour or white balance of the image as often you'll get a slight cast to the image the only way which is very subjective is compare the shutter speed with the shutter speed flown at the same time of day with same conditions with and without an ND filter. If the ND was high enough you may see a large difference in shutter speed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S