DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody excited for Air 2S?

Well? How do you like it? I’m still grounded until Sunday night.. so nothing again until Monday morning. Next time I’ll drive the 30 minutes to a park as I’m right on the edge of the 28nm circle
I flew my Air 2S this morning. The tutorial was worth skipping for me, but certainly useful to anyone new.

It flys great, fast in cinema mode, about 43 mph in sport, very predictable frame.

I've not looked at any photos or videos yet.

It is a ton lighter and more compact than my Mavic 2 Pro and about as fast.

After my first flight, I bound it to my Smart Controller and the standard controller seemed to lose its ability to control the drone. (The smart controller says to press the power button on the bottom for 4 seconds to bind, but the power button is on the top; likely a remnant from the Mini 2's binding language in DJI Fly.) This differs from my Mavic Pro, Mavic Pro Platinum and Mavic 2 Pro; they can have a primary and secondary controller (my MPP has the primary linked through my DJI RE goggles and the primary controller linked to the goggles - a little awkward as you get no camera or map on the phone or tablet connected to the controller).

I also didn't see a radar widget in the DJI Fly app like DJI Go 4 has; handy, but not essential.

I read somewhere that the the MA2 will just be incrementally better. Nothing earth shattering. I am content with the MA2 and the Mini2 that I have. Maybe in a couple of years I'll get a new one. But it has to have cruise control and heated seats.
You forgot side airbags due to lack of side obstacle avoidance.... ?? But I still love it, just need to actually get out and fly it... ?

"Excited?" I get excited by my wonderful/beautiful wife and the "other" wonderful/beautiful woman inn our family. But a drone? No It's a tool. We were "pleased" when DJI came out with the Phantom Pro 4 Plus because this was the first drone that ticked all of our professional requirements - but not "excited".

This is such an English response

*puffs pipe*

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98