DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody running the new DJI Fly 1.0.8 app yet?

Now available for iOS in the UK ? Now with White Balance control and Signal Lost optionsView attachment 97295View attachment 97296
Well, white balance was the most-wanted video control, I guess, but it's really disappointing that it's all they added. And since DJI Fly is supposed to be an ultra-simple interface for beginners, it's also puzzling that the white balance control is just temperature without the typical cloudy/sunny/etc. presets. Not a very impressive release, IMO.

Just updated my iPad mini few minutes ago here in Canada.

I did and used it 2 days ago. Everything went well and the little Mini handled well even though it was a bit windy. It shifted into the high power mode once while it was high in the wind and I did get what I thought were more prompts about wind than usual, but it was gusting as high as 20 mph, so it was probably correct. Here's a video I posted regarding finally trying the PGYTECH CPL in the Recall!! PGYTECH CPL and NDPL filters, thread.

Shot 2 days ago after I updated everything.

View attachment 97232
Also has manual White balance.

Checked the App Store this morning and the update is now available for me.

Attachments

• 996CEFBD-37B3-4DE1-A0D7-4385DE450BF0.png
    996CEFBD-37B3-4DE1-A0D7-4385DE450BF0.png
    890.7 KB · Views: 52
My app was updated with V1.0.8 on 23 Mar 20. We are back to winter (wind and snow) so haven't had chance to try it. Wonder what "Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability" entails? I had the uncommanded descent problem, but haven't had one since I changed the rear props.

Hi all, DJI FLY V1.0.8 (iOS and Android version) for Mavic Mini has been released in stages, please wait patiently if it is still not availble for you at the moment.

What's New?
- Optimizes warning prompts for when the aircraft is flying in strong winds.
- Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability. I saw this in the DJI forum

My app was updated with V1.0.8 on 23 Mar 20. We are back to winter (wind and snow) so haven't had chance to try it. Wonder what "Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability" entails? I had the uncommanded descent problem, but haven't had one since I changed the rear props.
When I looked for the update earlier this week and Play Store was still showing v.1.0.6, the notes for that update said "Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability." But maybe they fixed it again? :p

Reactions: Flyinhi
I have the 1.0.8 versions on both phones now. One is an android (Samsung) and the other is an Apple. I have flown a few times with both and haven't really noticed any differences yet since the update. No windy flights yet. If they're releasing it in stages on a regional basis, my location is a little north of Toronto.

Reactions: pelagic_one
1. Added manual white balance control (albeit, in a weird location, not sure why it’s not in the camera view with the rest of the controls)
2. iOS version has a missing feature, it’s not showing the image when adjusting the WB so you’re basically adjusting it blind
3. You can now choose what to do when losing connection. Options are RTH, hover or land.

I've got app 1.0.8 (recently auto-updated probably). No recent updates to the firmware (very much waiting for it in hope there will be some additional video controls).
The only difference I noticed in the app, phone vibrates on wind warning until I lowered altitude and warning disappeared. A bit annoying tbh, but I lost my MM once due to the wind, so might be helpful to the ones like me ;-)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78