DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody running the new DJI Fly 1.0.8 app yet?

I have the 1.0.8 versions on both phones now. One is an android (Samsung) and the other is an Apple. I have flown a few times with both and haven't really noticed any differences yet since the update. No windy flights yet. If they're releasing it in stages on a regional basis, my location is a little north of Toronto.
I should have mentioned that I too am in Canada, Montreal.

Reactions: Mrveronn
When I looked in Apple store it didn’t show in update section. So I clicked on the icon in App Store for DJI fly and in a few seconds the open changed to update.

So grateful for the Behaviour on Lost Signal addition, been waiting for this. Ideal for when flying through trees so it can be set to "Hover" to prevent it raising up into the tree canopy on lost signal. Now I can use it for the purpose I bought it for.. lost dog searches in wooded areas. The Mavic Pro can cover the open areas and I can use the MM with the prop cage on to search in woods that even the M2ED's thermal camera can't penetrate.
And the Mini connected to the DJI Goggles is great!

So grateful for the Behaviour on Lost Signal addition, been waiting for this. Ideal for when flying through trees so it can be set to "Hover" to prevent it raising up into the tree canopy on lost signal. Now I can use it for the purpose I bought it for.. lost dog searches in wooded areas. The Mavic Pro can cover the open areas and I can use the MM with the prop cage on to search in woods that even the M2ED's thermal camera can't penetrate.

Interesting business finding lost dogs with a drone. I actually found my dog with my mini but he was only a few blocks away. Curious what your pricing is? Do you only charge if you find the dog?

Reactions: TheRock
Timoom wireless display dongle, no signal delay, mirroring fast and stable, 10m-distance wifi signal coverage.Dog must not be far than 10m...;)

Interesting business finding lost dogs with a drone. I actually found my dog with my mini but he was only a few blocks away. Curious what your pricing is? Do you only charge if you find the dog?
Drone SAR For Lost Dogs is a 100% voluntary service. We do it to reunite dogs and their owners. Anyone who charges someone for a Search & Rescue is, in our book, lets say... not a nice person, and goes against everything we stand for at DSARFLDUK.
Why should anyone make a profit from somebody else's loss, desperation and grief?

Timoom wireless display dongle, no signal delay, mirroring fast and stable, 10m-distance wifi signal coverage.Dog must not be far than 10m...;)
You've misinterpreted the stats. The dongle would never be farther than 1m from the mobile device. The drone can be 5 miles away.

Would it be better to upgrade via DJI Assistant 2. Would get the batteries updated at the same time ?

got it on phone already. its not available on the downloads page yet for sideloading tablets

Very cool video (the Millie one). It never occurred to me that a drone would be used for such a thing.

The behavior I would like to see would be something like Retrace Path, i.e. just back up along the recent path until the signal was restored, then return to manual control. That's a safe path (at least to the precision that it can be reproduced). Do other drones have something like that?

I did and used it 2 days ago. Everything went well and the little Mini handled well even though it was a bit windy. It shifted into the high power mode once while it was high in the wind and I did get what I thought were more prompts about wind than usual, but it was gusting as high as 20 mph, so it was probably correct. Here's a video I posted regarding finally trying the PGYTECH CPL in the Recall!! PGYTECH CPL and NDPL filters, thread.

Shot 2 days ago after I updated everything.

View attachment 97232
Very smooth filming. The colours are amazing. Good job!

Reactions: TheRock
Why don't they mention this in their release notes?! ?‍♂️
I'm also wondering how the new Signal Lost option functions exactly? Will it do a RTH after some time passed or will it hover until the battery is empty? The last option also has a big risk if the signal is lost because the drone is miles away and the signal is not coming back.
Also my app apparently switched to the new option without telling me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929