DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody running the new DJI Fly 1.0.8 app yet?

still waiting for it to appear

Reactions: Dbez1
Hi all, DJI FLY V1.0.8 (iOS and Android version) for Mavic Mini has been released in stages, please wait patiently if it is still not availble for you at the moment.

What's New?
- Optimizes warning prompts for when the aircraft is flying in strong winds.
- Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability. I saw this in the DJI forum

I did and used it 2 days ago. Everything went well and the little Mini handled well even though it was a bit windy. It shifted into the high power mode once while it was high in the wind and I did get what I thought were more prompts about wind than usual, but it was gusting as high as 20 mph, so it was probably correct. Here's a video I posted regarding finally trying the PGYTECH CPL in the Recall!! PGYTECH CPL and NDPL filters, thread.

Shot 2 days ago after I updated everything.

Piti Obs lo.jpg

Last edited:
I checked but mine still says up to date at 1.00.04. Wonder what "release in stages" means. Maybe the more experienced pilots get it first???

I checked but mine still says up to date at 1.00.04. Wonder what "release in stages" means. Maybe the more experienced pilots get it first???
strange you missed 1.00.06 then or did you choose not to download it

Reactions: WooZie
No, I updated it all when I got the drone a few weeks ago and through today it says .04 is current. Doesn't offer .06

well its on 06 now strange

Just downloading it now... will give it a try in the morning.

I just did a quick trial run with the software update. So far, everything seems to be the same as before. There was a bit of a breeze but not enough to trigger a wind warning.

If you manually installed the app rather than through Play, Play will not prompt about an update. If your Android has less than 4GB of RAM installed, the app won't be offered through Play at all.

To answer the staging question: Play doesn't present updates to everyone at once. I'm not sure who controls the distribution, the publisher or Google, or the algorithm that determines who gets it when.

Automatically switching power modes in high winds is a great idea, but that should be in the firmware and not the app. You don't want to have an app make flight control decisions like that.

Don't mix up th APP Version (releasing V1.0.8) and the drone firmware (currently at V01.00.06 or so).
well my app version is 1.0.6 no sign of an app update as yet on ios in the UK and my firmware is 01.00.0400

Just got off the phone with DJI and you are correct. In my case I was confusing it with the AC Firmware, which remains 1.00.0400. I do have App ver 1.06 (IOS). The tech I talked with had not heard of 1.08 but checked and said it was being released in "phases". I gather that is to see if there are any bugs/problems. I'm not real unhappy about not being in Phase1. :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS