DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone come across minimalist smart controller & mavic 2 case?

fyi - Good quality minimal option perfectly sized is the one that comes with the BOSE 35 Quiet Comfort headset. Pictured with the M2P in a Pgytech mini case.

IMG-3638.JPG IMG-3630.JPG IMG-3629.JPG

I'll add that they aren't just for minimalists, but those who take the drone along as secondary kit. Smaller, individually purposed cases like these tend to stow more easily, especially when pack space is already at a premium.

Last edited:
It's not very minimal but I love the DJI Protector Case (on the left):
The M2ED case on the right is also a good alternative but even bigger, you can remove the accessories foam and put additional batteries under for a total of 7 with one in the drone.

Reactions: xOperator
For me after doing backpack and back - best smallest minimalist bag is the one from original dji fly more kit. Fits 2 spare batteries, SC and a drone. Front pocket has 2 sets of props and nd filters, side pockets have stock charger and marco polo tracker.

This is my setup....works perfect....
cdd81d11ee35cc418ae9b168eba70c11.jpg

Reactions: xOperator and ff22
Pelican 1400 with their Trekpak dividers. The SC with Pgytech's cover which on it's own is really nice. The 1400 isn't quite deep enough for the SC to fit on its side or to lay flat, but it fits the third section leaning over. There is room above for two more batteries and under for filters and other small bits of kit.

IMG_3940.jpg

Last edited:
I know you say you don't want it but I just want others to know... you can fit EVERY SINGLE ITEM in the DJI Fly More Kit + the Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro + DJI Smart Controller (leaving out the normal controller) in the Fly More Kit bag. It's easy and I don't see a way you could ever go smaller or more compact.

I have the two extremes... the DJI Mavic 2 hardcase & the Fly More bag and I use each one for the appropriate situations.

Reactions: Hardy and ff22
Pelican 1400 with their Trekpak dividers. The SC with Pgytech's cover which on it's own is really nice. The 1400 isn't quite deep enough for the SC to fit on its side or to lay flat, but it fits the third section leaning over. There is room above for two more batteries and under for filters and other small bits of kit.

View attachment 77264

That’s a lot of batteries!

I know you say you don't want it but I just want others to know... you can fit EVERY SINGLE ITEM in the DJI Fly More Kit + the Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro + DJI Smart Controller (leaving out the normal controller) in the Fly More Kit bag. It's easy and I don't see a way you could ever go smaller or more compact.

I have the two extremes... the DJI Mavic 2 hardcase & the Fly More bag and I use each one for the appropriate situations.
What I did on the one snow hike I took the drone on was to pack the flymore kit with drone, smart controller, two extra batteries, extra props and one or two other items and I put that into my Osprey Day pack so the drone was protected and I could take along my other ten essentials and warmer gear for standing around. Worked really well.

DJI released a new shoulder bag for the mavic2+SC. It seems to be only available on eBay now from China/HK. I just received it this week. It's pretty much the same as the one from the Fly More kit with an extra column.

IMG_1410 copy.jpg
IMG_1411 copy.jpg

Reactions: ff22
DJI released a new shoulder bag for the mavic2+SC. It seems to be only available on eBay now from China/HK. I just received it this week. It's pretty much the same as the one from the Fly More kit with an extra column.

View attachment 80288
View attachment 80289
Got a link? I did manage to creatively pack the original flymore bag when I took the drone hiking and that included the SC, two extra batteries, extra props and some other dodads.

I'm looking for one too, but I need it to also hold 2 extra batteries (one on the drone + 2 separate) along with the SC and drone. From what I've seen so far, the only options are a re-purposed camera bag (which could be totally fine) or waiting for more purpose-built accessories to land for the SC.

The FlyMore bag will store the drone, SC, 2 spare batteries, spare props and filters.

Sorry for the super late update here folks, but I ended up sticking with a Lowepro BP250 and it fits the M2P and Smart controller perfectly, along with my batteries and a bunch of other stuff. Not really what I set out to do, but it's working well.

So considering the new bag from DJI, it's like a Lowepro 170 AW II or 180 AW II I've been using?

I use it for the drone, the SC some accessories and 4 batteries (one in the drone, 3 additional).

Hi

DJI hard case is great
I have one and very happy
If you will buy it, believe me you will like it

Indeed it is. It is small / Compact, holds everything you need and also supports either the Standard Controller or the SC by removing some foam plugs.

I have 2 one for my Zoom and another for my Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead