DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else having issues with DJI Fly Safe Self-Unlocking?

Skiiingwonderz

Reactions
I do this every few days but today I can no longer unlock the blue zones that I like to fly in. I get to the point where it asks for my mobile #, I enter it, click send and it starts the little countdown like it usually does. But at about 21 seconds, it comes back with the following error:

"Sorry! Your phone number is invalid."

I have two cell phones but neither # works. Anyone else experiencing this today?

I had a problem with phone number entry as well, but got it going. As I recall, the issue was the phone number entry field. It is very hard to see on my screen, but its really two fields- one for area code and the other for the 7 digit number. I kept trying to enter it all in the area code field and couldnt see the other one because it matched the page background (iPad mini 4). The page should be revised IMO.

Reactions: chuckm
Hi all, I've had issues with the blue auth zone (my home area). I couldn't even get passed being allowed to enter any details to unlock the zone. I contacted the Fly Safe group. I started another thread about the issue (see below). Fly Safe suggested I delete and reinstall the app if the problem persists. I haven't tried flying at home for about a week to see if the issue has resolved.

Just wanted to give everyone an update. DJI support replied and told me to put in a custom unlocking request on their website. This was a lot more time consuming but I did it anyway. They rejected the request a few minutes later. I then tried the self unlocking site on a different browser and it worked. Strange.

Just wanted to give everyone an update. DJI support replied and told me to put in a custom unlocking request on their website. This was a lot more time consuming but I did it anyway. They rejected the request a few minutes later. I then tried the self unlocking site on a different browser and it worked. Strange.

I had done the same process - which is how it lead me to contacting the Fly Safe Group. I replied to the rejection email I received for my initial unlock request.

Even when I contacted tech support via chat I was told to email the Fly Safe group. I sent a request and the Fly Safe group worker extended my access/license to fly that area for several days, partially why I haven't been able to test my area to see if the issue has resolved. I have yet to delete and reinstall the app, as I wanted to see if the issue was resolved first.

The unlocking request process is a pain, especially since you have to use the desktop version to access it. That seems like it could really be done more efficiently (read better).

Thanks,

Mark

I do this every few days but today I can no longer unlock the blue zones that I like to fly in. I get to the point where it asks for my mobile #, I enter it, click send and it starts the little countdown like it usually does. But at about 21 seconds, it comes back with the following error:

"Sorry! Your phone number is invalid."

I have two cell phones but neither # works. Anyone else experiencing this today?

Hi again, curious as to what device you are using Android or iPhone? I saw another member posted that he was having issues unlocking a blue authorization zone with his iPhone 7, yet was able to unlock using his android device...

Thanks,

Mark

Hi again, curious as to what device you are using Android or iPhone? I saw another member posted that he was having issues unlocking a blue authorization zone with his iPhone 7, yet was able to unlock using his android device...

Thanks,

Mark
I'm using an iPhone XS but that shouldn't really matter since self-unlocking a blue zone has to be done on a PC.

I'm confident it was a browser issue. Why, I have no idea. But going from Chrome to Firefox fixed it for me.

I'm using an iPhone XS but that shouldn't really matter since self-unlocking a blue zone has to be done on a PC.

I'm confident it was a browser issue. Why, I have no idea. But going from Chrome to Firefox fixed it for me.

It doesn't have to be done on a PC with the DJI GO 4 app - it can be done from within the app. Is that not also the case with the DJI Fly app?

For clarity, unlocking a blue authorization zone is a self unlock feature that is meant be done in the DJI Fly App. Requesting a “license” using the Flight Planner (desktop mode only) is a different process and generally is time limited.

For clarity, unlocking a blue authorization zone is a self unlock feature that is meant be done in the DJI Fly App. Requesting a “license” using the Flight Planner (desktop mode only) is a different process and generally is time limited.

Just to clarify, those are both methods to unlock a blue authorization zone:

1583626306251.png

True! However, the point is that the self unlock feature within the Fly app hasn’t been working for some. Further, you can only use the Flight Planner in desktop mode (which is a pain on a mobile device).

Okay - so a known issue with the Fly app.

Okay - so a known issue with the Fly app.

Yes for some including me. It was supposed to be fixed with the most recent update of the app and did work for a while. Seems something has changed and some are still being locked out. Requesting a license is only good for 3 days. I live in a blue zone so it can be cumbersome to have to request a license all the time when I want to fly.

I have been able to unlock my Blue authorization zone so far. This morning, the camera view of the Fly App continued to show the red bar like "Restricted zone, takeoff inhibited". It did not change the zone to "Authorization Zone". So I tried to start rotating the props (sticks down-out), and I got the message like "You are in an authorization zone, do you want to unlock". I did and it worked.

This confused me at first as well & I resorted to the Flight Planner. I did not realize you had to try to take off in order to get the DJI Fly app to offer to unlock the zone it is saying you can't fly in. I live in a Class D area so I use it all the time. No recent issues once I understood the access sequence in DJI Fly.

Reactions: MMMark
I have no repetitive experience yet with this sequence of actions, but I will for sure try again. I need to unlock every three/four days basically

This confused me at first as well & I resorted to the Flight Planner. I did not realize you had to try to take off in order to get the DJI Fly app to offer to unlock the zone it is saying you can't fly in. I live in a Class D area so I use it all the time. No recent issues once I understood the access sequence in DJI Fly.

I just tried mine (I live in a blue zone) and all seems well. You do have to attempt to take off to get to the point of going through the acknowledgement process to gain permission (no cell phone text code).

Thanks all,

Mark

Reactions: mullern88
acknowledgement process to gain permission (no cell phone text code).
You do not need a text confirmation if you previously unlocked it. It will self unlock for some time if you re-request it. I am unsure however for how long or how many attempts.

You do not need a text confirmation if you previously unlocked it. It will self unlock for some time if you re-request it. I am unsure however for how long or how many attempts.

I’ve not ever had to utilize the text feature in my home blue authorizations zone. It’s always been just acknowledging several radio buttons.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78