DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else in a fight with DJI support?

Impact9

Reactions
I'm wondering if I am alone here when it comes to DJI support not accepting responsibility to honor warranty.

OP - Went wild and then went for a swim

Right now I'm fighting with DJI over the fact they incorrectly assumed my controls on my RC was in stick mode 2 (I fly in stick mode 1) and blamed pilot error for rising into a low tree limb.

They have also refused to acknowledge that I initiated commands for dead stick, drop, and strafe right to avoid contact with those limbs. I've brought this up many times and after I actually got a response from someone they asked where I got that information from in my flight records when my flight records are synced to the cloud. Seriously they did -

CJBNMWS.png

I then went on to create a detailed flight log from my record and emailed it into them.
kqKpFaS.jpg

I don t mean to kick you when youre down, but in case DJI decides (obtusely) that you were at fault, do you have refresh or backup insurance?

I would keep fighting the fight with them, but sometimes it's like talking to a brick wall once they have made their minds up. One of mine has been there for a month getting fixed. Maybe I will see it again before the summer arrives.

Can I ask how you paid for it when you first bought it? Paypal? Credit card? I would keep up the battle with DJI, but if you lose with DJI, you might have other avenues to explore if you can prove it was an equipment malfunction.

Just out of curiosity, how windy was that day? If I looked up your location correctly, it was about 45 kph (not sure about gust speed) on 21st? Otherwise I really do not understand what happened the last few seconds.

On another note, Refresh doesn't cover anything unless you can send it back to them right?

On another note, Refresh doesn't cover anything unless you can send it back to them right?

Yep
Sorry to hear that his Mavic is gone. What sucks more than losing your Mavic is losing it when you actually have DJI care and cannot even use the insurance policy that you took out.

It wasn't windy at all maybe 5 knots at worst. I'll be trying to find it as the water level drops. Nice thing about small rivers they only flow as long as rain is coming down up stream.

Thunder - I paid using my debit card.

I believe the horror stories we are hearing about now are a result of the high number of Mavics that are being sent in for repair. I myself can't recall so many issues with a new release from DJI and on such a grand scale. The Mavic is a game changer and everyone wants one. DJI dropped the ball on its release, put it out too soon without properly testing and finding these issues and are now totally swamped with RMAs. I had to send my I1 and P3P in pre-Mavic and had really great service from DJI Carson.

CS gained leaps and bounds over the past year and so many people were praising them, it's a shame so many people are having such bad experiences now.

Reactions: Impact9
Right now I'm fighting with DJI over the fact they incorrectly assumed my controls on my RC was in stick mode 2 (I fly in stick mode 1) and blamed pilot error for rising into a low tree limb.
I'm not sure why they are confused since the log is very straightforward. Here's what happened:
  • After an auto takeoff, you headed straight toward the trees at full throttle.
  • At 37.1 seconds, you let go of the throttle and it returned to the center position. Your Mavic was traveling at 18.3 MPH at the time.
  • From 37.1 seconds to 39.4 seconds (2.3 seconds total), your Mavic slowly decreased in speed from 18.3 MPH to 10.2 MPH as it was coasting to a stop. At that speed, it would have taken more than 2.3 seconds to come to a complete stop, so it continued to coast into the trees and crashed.
Crashed.jpg

I'm wondering if I am alone here when it comes to DJI support not accepting responsibility to honor warranty.
I guess you were expecting your Mavic to stop on a dime when you let go of the sticks? That's just not possible. This looks like a clear case of pilot error to me, so I'm not surprised that DJI does not want to cover it under warranty.

I'm not sure why they are confused since the log is very straightforward. Here's what happened:
  • After an auto takeoff, you headed straight toward the trees at full throttle.
  • At 37.1 seconds, you let go of the throttle and it returned to the center position. Your Mavic was traveling at 18.3 MPH at the time.
  • From 37.1 seconds to 39.4 seconds (2.3 seconds total), your Mavic slowly decreased in speed from 18.3 MPH to 10.2 MPH as it was coasting to a stop. At that speed, it would have taken more than 2.3 seconds to come to a complete stop, so it continued to coast into the trees and crashed.
View attachment 7505

I guess you were expecting your Mavic to stop on a dime when you let go of the sticks? That's just not possible. This looks like a clear case of pilot error to me, so I'm not surprised that DJI does not want to cover it under warranty.

No I expect the mavic to behave as it has the past dozen flights I've done. Oddly enough even in sport mode it would stop from full speed to zero faster than 3 seconds. Full throttle was given because the drone was being slow to accelerate. Sorry you couldn't be there to watch this occur and I'm only asking that you take my word for it. My 20 years in the USAF and a solid up bringing gave me that rare thing called integrity. Besides, it's easier to just tell the truth than to keep telling a lie.

My 20 years in the USAF and a solid up bringing gave me that rare thing called integrity.
I don't think that's going to help here since your log recorded exactly what I described above.

My logs along with my account agree. Thanks for your input although with my experience with this particular device something was wrong, because the drone failed in all counts to move the direction I was tell it to regardless if it was still moving forward.

the drone failed in all counts to move the direction I was tell it to regardless if it was still moving forward.
What exactly does that mean? Please explain in more detail.

Look at my youtube video. When I noticed the drone drifting left I made heading corrections to face it right. It wasn't too close to the trees at this time so I thought if straighten the heading it would move away from the trees. That was the last command it followed, to face more right. It didn't respond to dead stick and only gradually slowed while the drone increased its left strafe travel and started to raise. I tried to strafe right, it didn't respond. I tried to drop and it continued to rise and move left into the tree limb.

Nobody has explained away the left movement, the rise or the ignored commands to move right or drop.

Few things to understand, MPH is way over exaggerated. We all know this drone doesn't do 67mph as I have observed in sport mode. So when we look at ground speed this is more likely kph than mph.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J