DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else not buying DJI in the US due to the potential ban?

Dangerly

Reactions
I would normally be buying an Air 3 right now (have an Air 1, Air 2, among other DJI products), but I'm not because of this bill possibly grounding DJI. Anyone else in the same situation? Is there anything even close to the Air 3 from another manufacturer of similar price / features? Is my hesitation valid? I've not done enough research to know so I am relatively uninformed on this issue and hoping to leverage this community for advice.

I have owned a specta air from cogito. It is actually an Air 3 , but with no dji logo anywhere on it. There are various videos on YouTube. Sent it back, because could not get spare batteries through Amazon. Also couldn't get firmware updates. But still an Air 3 for 999 dollars with what is really an rc2 controller.

I would normally be buying an Air 3 right now (have an Air 1, Air 2, among other DJI products), but I'm not because of this bill possibly grounding DJI. Anyone else in the same situation? Is there anything even close to the Air 3 from another manufacturer of similar price / features? Is my hesitation valid? I've not done enough research to know so I am relatively uninformed on this issue and hoping to leverage this community for advice.
I think it boils down to,
"Do you think the legislation will be made retroactive and the FCC pernissions for existing equipment rescinded ?" Woud that withstand a challenge in court ?
If so then don't buy.

I think it boils down to,
"Do you think the legislation will be made retroactive and the FCC pernissions for existing equipment rescinded ?" Woud that withstand a challenge in court ?
If so then don't buy.

Consider the ban on Huawei cellphones in 2022. It affected only future imports. No action was taken to limit the use of Huawei phones already in use in the U.S. You can still buy Huawei phones on Amazon.

Is there reason to believe something different will happen with DJI drones?

Reactions: anotherlab
Hasn't affected me at all. In fact, I will want to buy whatever I can get right before a ban goes into place that could impact the price and/or availability. Since I don't believe whatever you own will be prohibited to possess and/or fly, I don't have a problem with "grounding." I've been impacted by such defacto "confiscation" before and it was disappointing but certainly not the end of the world especially if you can see as a "temporary" setback.

The drone community has already taken a significant hit even if none of this actually happens; we just don't yet feel the true impact. What I don't understand is why everyone seems to be content with "banning future drones" imagine if this had happened earlier and we are all stuck on Air 2s, FPV, Mavic 2, and Mini 2. Imagine if the ban knocked out Mavic 3, Avata 1/2, Air 3, Mini 3/4 Pro....only today, we just don't know what we are missing if a ban for future drones go into place. It will be devastating. The equipment you own and love now will age out quickly.

Rumors of the Air 3S are out, the interesting part of the Ban is that its brought even more attention to the DJI company and there getting ready to Release the Electric Bikes , no wet suit needed. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Is the bike going to "spy" on us too? DJI has the sky covered, might as well include terrestrial on wheels to complement the Osmo cameras. LOL.

Is the bike going to "spy" on us too? DJI has the sky covered, might as well include terrestrial on wheels to complement the Osmo cameras. LOL.
They are desperate to get good on the ground imagery of my local corner market store to fine tune their targeting systems :p

Reactions: jaja6009
I’m not worried about it. When they come knocking on my door for my DJI drones, that’s when I’ll give them up, but not until then. Keep flying.

I’m not worried about it. When they come knocking on my door for my DJI drones, that’s when I’ll give them up, but not until then. Keep flying.

No one is coming to pry your drone out of your cold, dead hands.
No one is coming to take your firearms.
No one is coming to take your gas stove.

Thread moved to correct location

Reactions: MA2 317
I will wait till the Air 3S or the Mavic 4/Pro
Comes out. As far as the ban on DJI, don’t you worry my friend, by the time is enacted 5 years from now, it will be as old as your Air 1. By then all your drones will be obsolete.
Stay Droning my friend!
XX

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aleeab