DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else?

wow seems like you lost a lot of money in non refundables, I think I would have just bought a new drone and gone on the trips. Doesn't sound like very smart decisions on your part. Wish I could afford to throw airline tickets away and what ever else you said you so called lost.
We can’t afford it. But when we first started speaking to them their team made it sound like they could help us. What difference does it make if we spend money on a new drone or new airline tickets? Either way, we have to wait for the product to be mailed to us to get the 30% off and the drone can’t be sent to another country........ so. Our airline tickets cost less than a new drone- thus the decision we made.

What did the flight logs show? I've dealt with DJI service twice now and it's certainly not great but I think the issue with them helping you mostly comes down to whether or not the problem should be covered by warranty or not. If the flight logs show that it was product failure then this really sucks for you and I'm sorry. If it shows pilot error that stinks too but it is what it is.

DJI refresh policy doesn't cover lost devices so that's not really an option either so it's pretty much just a warranty issue.

2. We sent the DJI our flight records.
There have been cases where analysis from people here, once used as argument with DJI support has changed their decision on warranty coverage.
In any case you've got something to learn by posting logs becasue people here have nothing to lose by accepting the issue was with the equipment, so you usually come out with a pretty accurate view of whether the crash was caused by a device malfunction or your mistake.

Reactions: Joebie
I’m pretty sure they’d give you a new burger if you dropped your burger on the floor. And that burger wouldn’t of been insured.
Yeah but you'd have to show them the burger that fell on the floor. You couldn't just say I lost my burger and I expect it to be replaced.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I crashed or had a fly away last week. I picked this time to come to NH to shoot the foliage and my drone crashes. Peak foliage this week Not sure if was something I did or the drone ,it just took off and crashed into the tree, but I have no drone during the most awesome time of year.Anyway I didn't pack my bags and go back to AZ. I took out my cell phone and am doing the best I can while the drones on its way back to get fixed.

Attachments

• IMG_20181014_121418951.jpg
    IMG_20181014_121418951.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Reactions: JSKCKNIT
We can’t afford it. But when we first started speaking to them their team made it sound like they could help us. What difference does it make if we spend money on a new drone or new airline tickets? Either way, we have to wait for the product to be mailed to us to get the 30% off and the drone can’t be sent to another country........ so. Our airline tickets cost less than a new drone- thus the decision we made.
your reply makes no sense, why did you not go on the trip????

You stated you spent $1,000 on your drone and lost it in the water. You made up the extra money, over and above the cost of your Mavic Air, because of additional batteries you purchased. You allegedly lost your drone which, of course, had just one battery, therefore, your total loss is much less than $1,000. I can not imagine that the cost of flight tickets, assuming there was more than one person, plus your accommodation costs, amounted to less than say $599. Where is the logic in cancelling the trip? You could have run out and bought a used Mavic air for less than what you lost by cancelling the trip or even bought a new one, then returned it after your holiday or working trip, which ever you considered that to be.

In my mind, and I would assume any reasonably logical person's mind, what you supposedly did, of cancelling the flights and accommodation and losing all that money, was simply idiotic, compared to the purchase of a used drone or a rental unit, so to speak. If you are running a business, as you say, then it would make absolutely no sense to do what you did. And I believe that is why so many people reading this believe something smells funny.

The more I think about all that you have said, the more the entire scenario does not make any sense at all. If what you say really did happen, then I would suggest you sit back and re-assess the logic in the way you are running your business. And why in the world are you trying to "Learn" how to fly a drone by flying out over water??? Another illogical action in my mind, though others possibly think that might be a perfectly smart thing to do.

What Cymruflyer said.. tbh I read most of the post and just got bored .. sad that anyone loses their drone but if you want help post your logs .. if you just want to rant well I guess you can .. maybe it’s dji’s fault maybe not.

Look, your story may be legitimate, and I'm sure you're frustrated. But do understand the way you came off on this post was *super* pretentious and entitled. You weren't really asking for help. Just complaining. I'm just saying how I think most people feel when they read what you wrote.

You toss around a lot of vague details and it makes any sensible person think "sounds like BS".
I am complaining at this point and it’s falling on def ears. I’ve gone to all the forums and followed all the steps and I’ve not once been offered a solution. Cos
What did the flight logs show? I've dealt with DJI service twice now and it's certainly not great but I think the issue with them helping you mostly comes down to whether or not the problem should be covered by warranty or not. If the flight logs show that it was product failure then this really sucks for you and I'm sorry. If it shows pilot error that stinks too but it is what it is.

DJI refresh policy doesn't cover lost devices so that's not really an option either so it's pretty much just a warranty issue.
We sent our flight logs in once on one format, they couldn’t open it, so 1-3 business days later they asked for it again in another format, so we did that. Then another 1-3 business days they responded with an “inconclusive” answer. In my opinion if you can’t tell if it’s the drone or user error, you’d have to assume it’s the drone. But evidently that’s not how they conduct business, so they offer 30% off the next drone if we send them an email saying we accept that offer. So we have to email them again saying “what happens if we appeal, how many days does that take?”. ANOTHER 3 days later- they respond with pretty much a “we don’t know”. In the meantime we’re also calling daily to see if there’s anything faster than this email process... and of course “sorry ma’am, this is the processs”. So we pretty much say f*** it, we don’t have time for this, we will take the 30% off. So then 2 days later they ask for our mailing address- which we respond to. Then we call and i absolutely have lost my mind and my ability to wait and wait and wait and they say they’ll “expedite the process” THEN- they send us this email........ 9DE0CF67-66CD-4443-B474-B6F6F2B6D51B.jpeg

From all my time on forums, I have come to the conclusion that 98% of drone crashes are pilot/user error, 1% are legit issues explained by logs and subsequently replaced, and 1% remain unexplained.

Canceling flights and accommodation over ~$500 of product makes zero sense in my mind. Something is fishy. Replacing the drone would have presumably been FAR less of a financial loss than flights and accommodation for more than 1 person.

Post the logs here and we can take a look. How many satellites did you have? What was the battery percentage? Any wind warnings?

and we have deaf ears and haven't given them a solution. Well were not DJI there the only ones that can solve this but we have given you advice as to what to do or what you should have done. Heres another don't buy carerefresh or what ever it is from DJI get personal article Insurance or some other insur that will replace the cost of the drone so you can buy a new one

I’ve read countless people talk about their drone malfunctioning. It’s honestly not that wild of an idea?
From reading Mavic Pilots for over a year it seems to me that 95% of the time that a drone crashes or goes off on its own is due to user error. Errors range from rampant stupidity to sending a drone 200 meters high or 2,000 meters away or forgetting that they need as much, if not more, battery to return as it took to take off or flying their drone over water when they have no experience flying the drone over land or water. I have over a hundred flights on my MP over land and water without one single problem. I always use VLOS and exercise appropriate caution as you should with any $1,000 purchase.

Reactions: Pietros and BJR981S
From all my time on forums, I have come to the conclusion that 98% of drone crashes are pilot/user error, 1% are legit issues explained by logs and subsequently replaced, and 1% remain unexplained.

Canceling flights and accommodation over ~$500 of product makes zero sense in my mind. Something is fishy. Replacing the drone would have presumably been FAR less of a financial loss than flights and accommodation for more than 1 person.

Post the logs here and we can take a look. How many satellites did you have? What was the battery percentage? Any wind warnings?

I concur with your statistics. You forget to mention that most of the Pilot error is operator error due to not reading the manuals. It is also about they cannot fly their drone without the automation. So an Operator / Pilot glitch turns into a crashed drone.

Cheers

Reactions: Pietros
As many have been saying, if you want answers/help POST YOUR LOGS HERE. there are amazing members that can interpret them and offer an explanation of what happened. If it was truely an error of the software/hardware then you have more "Ammo" to take it back to DJI and fight for a replacement. If it was user error, then you will have an explanation of what happened and can learn from your mistakes.

Either way, no one can help you without further information.

I do agree that DJI support is more of a machine. If you have an exception to the program, they don't know what to do. They also seem to ignore emails.
I sent in my M2 for repair, clearly damage my fault. Their response was if I was trying to get warranty coverage. They charged me a refresh when I wanted the option to repair, even if the repair was more, save my refresh for bigger damage.
Not realizing the invoice bottom line was refresh (they buried that fact in lots of text) I paid it the evening of email receipt. Realizing the mistake, the next morning I forwarded my reply to the contact email address listed on all their email correspondence. No reply. Now a refresh is on its way.

At least they only charged me $2 for broken remote antenna, no labor charge.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1